Is Microsoft trying too hard to make xbox one mainstream?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 1/7/2014 5:55:46 PM
Everywhere you look there's a sponsorship deal involving xbox one or a television network promoting the use of its watch tv feature or that commercial with spock spammed during every break...And using interviews with special guests to boost about the systems games and features
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#26speednissanPosted 1/7/2014 5:57:51 PM
Sounds like good marketing.
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/7/2014 5:59:01 PM
TC, you never seem to talk about games. Only the marketing/industry/what others are doing.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4TrickyPonyPosted 1/7/2014 6:03:08 PM
So MS is advertising a new product of theirs? Are you sure? I'm going to nee someone else to confirm this because that just sounds a bit outlandish to be believable
#5NeoMonkPosted 1/7/2014 6:05:13 PM
I'm waiting for the Michael Pacher "Microsoft should stick to tablets" cry
The river of tears will put the nile to shame!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#6cheezedadadaPosted 1/7/2014 6:06:47 PM
You can NEVER try too hard to make something go mainstream. One of the things I hate about Sony (in regards to my Vita ONLY) is that they seriously never advertise the damn thing. Most people I know don't even know what the hell a Vita is.

If I am buying a console/handheld/etc, I want the entire world to know about it. The fact that MS is advertising so much is actually one of the things I really like about them. Get the world to know your product so you dont have a situation like the Vita where no one even knows it exists.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:15:45 PM
6speednissan posted...
Sounds like good marketing.

does sponsoring a ufc fighter and spamming ryse ads in the corner during the show count as good marketing?

i know what good marketing is but just because microsoft has the money doesn't mean they should advertise the console in every possible way no matter how crazy or weird it sounds

people keep saying this is just good marketing and everyone does it but if that was the case then why is it that the xbox one seems to have a higher presence in the mainstream media than Wii-U Or PS4?
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#8NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:18:17 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
TC, you never seem to talk about games. Only the marketing/industry/what others are doing.

I Talk about nintendo games and sony games there's not much to say about the xbox one games as it stands and nothing in the near future interests me outside plants vs zombies(maybe)
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#9Reflex-ArcPosted 1/7/2014 6:23:45 PM
How is that any different than any other corporation sponsoring in NASCAR or Redbull & Monster sponsoring every extreme thing on the face of the planet?

They have the advertising budget. They should use it.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#10cheezedadadaPosted 1/7/2014 6:26:43 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...

They have the advertising budget. They should use it.

This is pretty much it. Advertise the **** out of your product and make it as ubiquitous as possible. I don't care if the sale comes from someone watching Nascar or UFC, just get the sale.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada