Is Microsoft trying too hard to make xbox one mainstream?

#11NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:29:58 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
How is that any different than any other corporation sponsoring in NASCAR or Redbull & Monster sponsoring every extreme thing on the face of the planet?

They have the advertising budget. They should use it.

Even underwear?
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#12___Upgrayedd___Posted 1/7/2014 6:30:42 PM
I think so.
#13ILikeGamesManPosted 1/7/2014 6:34:44 PM
cheezedadada posted...
You can NEVER try too hard to make something go mainstream. One of the things I hate about Sony (in regards to my Vita ONLY) is that they seriously never advertise the damn thing. Most people I know don't even know what the hell a Vita is.

If I am buying a console/handheld/etc, I want the entire world to know about it. The fact that MS is advertising so much is actually one of the things I really like about them. Get the world to know your product so you dont have a situation like the Vita where no one even knows it exists.

Agree 100000%. No one I know has heard of the Vita, while everyone from gamers to soccer moms know what the X1 is. I say if you have the budget, you might as well use it.
#14Reflex-ArcPosted 1/7/2014 6:39:22 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
How is that any different than any other corporation sponsoring in NASCAR or Redbull & Monster sponsoring every extreme thing on the face of the planet?

They have the advertising budget. They should use it.

Even underwear?

Sure, why not?
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#15aszsithPosted 1/7/2014 10:35:15 PM
The Xbox brand IS mainstream in the US.

And since Microsoft has more money than God (but less than Apple of course), they can spend it however they want. That includes placing ads on athlete's underoos if both parties are amicable.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#16aj4x94Posted 1/7/2014 10:35:53 PM
I thought the xbone IS mainstream.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#17Millertime660Posted 1/7/2014 10:43:58 PM
another boring nightmarebunny topic.... go away dude.