Xbox One sales memo

#13HPPosted 1/7/2014 6:38:47 PM
With a lot of topics being posted about the sales of the XB1 in relation to PS4 I just wanted to outline a few talking points to put those fanboys in their place.

First: Price.
XB1 costs $100 more and the sales aren't even that far behind. Come on Sony, get it together!

Second: Actual money spent.
1.45 billion dollars have been spent buying XB1 consoles so far, yet even with such a lead in sales only 1.68 billion dollars have been spent purchasing PS4 consoles.

Third: Regions.
The PS4 is available in 40 regions while the XB1 is only available in 13. If PS4 is available in almost 3 times the regions, shouldnt it be selling 3 times the units?

Other things of importance:
The XB1 is, on average, the best selling console per region and also the best selling console per pound.

Keep these things in mind and the sales topics should die out soon.
#2KID VIDPosted 1/7/2014 6:43:31 PM
B-b-but there's a big stack of Xbones that are just sitting there at my local electronic store!
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#33HP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:44:25 PM
KID VID posted...
B-b-but there's a big stack of Xbones that are just sitting there at my local electronic store!

And that is due to Microsofts superior production skills.
#4peephole303Posted 1/7/2014 6:46:35 PM
3HP posted...
With a lot of topics being posted about the sales of the XB1 in relation to PS4 I just wanted to outline a few talking points to put those fanboys in their place.

First: Price.
XB1 costs $100 more and the sales aren't even that far behind. Come on Sony, get it together!

Second: Actual money spent.
1.45 billion dollars have been spent buying XB1 consoles so far, yet even with such a lead in sales only 1.68 billion dollars have been spent purchasing PS4 consoles.

Third: Regions.
The PS4 is available in 40 regions while the XB1 is only available in 13. If PS4 is available in almost 3 times the regions, shouldnt it be selling 3 times the units?

Other things of importance:
The XB1 is, on average, the best selling console per region and also the best selling console per pound.

2nd point... Money spend on the system does not matter... what is important is the profit on both.. Xbox could be 500$ and bring in 10$ and if the PS4 had the same ration it would be selling the same... due to increase sales PS4 would have made more money...... So inless we have the profit earned per system you cannot compaire.

3rd point. Sony is selling every unit they ship.... Xbox is sitting in shelves of enought places people can take pictures.... if you want to claim Microsoft is meeting its demand.. youd be right... but sony has Sold throught 1 million more consoles than xbox has.... so to have them sitting on the shelf while the other console is constantly producing and selling out... thats not good.

Now if Xbox was in the same region sales would be interesting spefically because xbox isnt popular outside of NA and UK
---
Disclaimer: I am a dyslexic so i do apologize if i misspell or use the wrong word and that my grammar may not be 100%.
#5KID VIDPosted 1/7/2014 6:48:36 PM
3HP posted...
KID VID posted...

B-b-but....ah, I got nothing.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#6peephole303Posted 1/7/2014 6:53:37 PM
3HP posted...
KID VID posted...

actually this is not true.

take a Million of Xbox's off the shelves and it might look closer to the PS4 scenerio
---
Disclaimer: I am a dyslexic so i do apologize if i misspell or use the wrong word and that my grammar may not be 100%.
#7kyncaniPosted 1/7/2014 7:13:18 PM
3HP posted...

Lol, let's have :

- New sale topics when the PS4 becomes the best selling console per region.

- And a whole new set of sale topics when the PS4 becomes the best selling console per pound.

That sounds about right :)
#8Majik25Posted 1/7/2014 7:22:45 PM
Majik25 posted...
The general consensus is that the PS4 costs $381 to produce and the Xbone costs $471 to produce. It surprises me a little that both are turning a slight profit on the system itself, but that is ONLY because of release prices.

So essentially PS4 turns a 19$ profit per system and Xbone is a 29$ profit per system.

So in your basic numbers.
Xbox profit = 87,000,000
Ps4 profit = 76,000,000

---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#93HP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 7:39:57 PM
Majik25 posted...
Majik25 posted...
The general consensus is that the PS4 costs $381 to produce and the Xbone costs $471 to produce. It surprises me a little that both are turning a slight profit on the system itself, but that is ONLY because of release prices.

So essentially PS4 turns a 19$ profit per system and Xbone is a 29$ profit per system.

So in your basic numbers.
Xbox profit = 87,000,000
Ps4 profit = 76,000,000

Xbox Won - PSDone
#103HP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 12:03:43 PM
I should have included something about titanfall being 6v6 in the original memo.

CoD is 6v6 and no one ever complained.