What happens when XBOne Kinect breaks?

#1NeomystrioPosted 1/8/2014 7:14:33 AM
I do not own a XBOne or PS4 (PC gamer checking in). I was reading articles regarding sales so far this morning and the comments thereafter. Some were suggesting that Microsoft needs to release a Kinect-less system in order to compete.

Anyway to I came to find that there was no sign of a Kinnect (X1) accesory at retailers. As I stated, I do not have an XBOne so I may be completely unaware but isn't Kinect being physically connected a requirement? So what happens if my Kinect breaks for whatever reason??? I couldn't find a replacement model being sold. If its required how could you send Kinect away for repairs? If it's faulty you would think MS would work with you to get a replacement if you're under warranty. Too soon to worry about not being under warranty still but what happens if you break it by your own negligence? Will MS bend you over for $149 + S/H or whatever they command?

Please respond

Cliffs:
-Kinect(X1) not sold by retailers
-If you break it.... wut do?
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/8/2014 7:19:58 AM
Call support and get a new one. The console also works without kinect.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Neomystrio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 7:31:20 AM
Guess they changed it. Last I read, Kinect had to be plugged in but could be disabled. I was just reading that for defective units, they have people sending in the console and the Kinect for repair/replace. I think it would suck to be forced to halt your gaming for 2-3 months while waiting for MS. I guess whatever the cost will be will be up to the MS gods. I'm interested to know though what they charge.
#4Jiggy101011Posted 1/8/2014 7:34:04 AM
Neomystrio posted...
Guess they changed it. Last I read, Kinect had to be plugged in but could be disabled. I was just reading that for defective units, they have people sending in the console and the Kinect for repair/replace. I think it would suck to be forced to halt your gaming for 2-3 months while waiting for MS. I guess whatever the cost will be will be up to the MS gods. I'm interested to know though what they charge.

2-3 months? Where are you getting that from? Their warranty turnaround is usually 1-2 weeks if that.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#5CyberneticRatPosted 1/8/2014 7:36:51 AM
Neomystrio posted...

If warranty's still active, then replacement is totally free. If not, it's $115 + tax for console and $69 for Kinect. It'll be returned in approximately 12 - 18 days.

Source: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair/repair-process
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#6metallica621Posted 1/8/2014 9:46:42 AM
My kinect is not even plugged in and my xbox one works fine
---
"Guns Don't kill people, husbands that come home early do."
#7suicide machinePosted 1/8/2014 9:55:00 AM
i'll admit, I had to get my Kinect replaced. I got the replacement in 3 business days, then I sent off the old one in the same box as the new one came in. it had a shipping label already printed inside the box, that I just had to slap on, then drop off at fedex. I was pissed that I had to go through the process... but the actual process wasn't bad at all. again, just 3 business days it took for the replacement to come in (sent fedex priority).
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin