So, 6v6 is terrible, yet its the best selling game ever?

#1mrshowtime333Posted 1/8/2014 9:36:41 AM
This has to be the most insensible argument of the last year.

Cod is and has been 6v6. And mostly all of you buy it.

The number of players means zero. Its about how the game plays. Map design. How the number of players fit the size of the map.
#2skermacPosted 1/8/2014 9:38:05 AM
Best selling? How many pre-orders does Titanfall have?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#3FeatherwindPosted 1/8/2014 9:38:42 AM
Well so far it is selling mostly on hype. For example Dragon Age 2 is a game (coincidentally also by EA) that was hyped a lot and reviewed very highly but is not considered very good by players.

Also to me this seems like a problem with the low player count:

Featherwind posted...
One of the problems of it being 6v6 only is the maps.

There is a problem: with low player counts you want "tight" maps where the other players are easily reachable etc. But the problem here is that Titanfall is a game centered on huge vehicles that don't fit on small and tight maps.

How is it possible to design a map that is both "tight" and intense, but also has space and lots of obstacles so that vehicle movement and combat is meaningful? To me it just doesn't seem possible.

The need for the AI enemies indeed suggest that they couldn't design a map that is both spacious and obstacle filled for large vehicles while also being tight and condensed enough for a small number of players. So the AI is there as filler to make the map not seem empty even though it is empty of players.

---
pathological
#4Ch3wyPosted 1/8/2014 9:39:05 AM
skermac posted...

Read the post bro.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5Babbit55Posted 1/8/2014 9:39:11 AM
skermac posted...

He is on about COD, though the best selling game is now technically GTA 5 and that is what 16 players?
#6dnmtPosted 1/8/2014 9:39:17 AM
skermac posted...

Don't have exact numbers but did read it's less than Watch Dogs, lol.
#7SunDevil77Posted 1/8/2014 9:39:39 AM
People assume they know how to make a game better than the actual developers. It's really interesting.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8Skill4ReelPosted 1/8/2014 9:39:39 AM
skermac posted...

Nothing even remotely close to what Call of Duty Ghosts had.
#9Jiggy101011Posted 1/8/2014 9:40:04 AM
skermac posted...

You didn't read the TCs opening post did you...
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#10FeatherwindPosted 1/8/2014 9:41:33 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
People assume they know how to make a game better than the actual developers. It's really interesting.

Devs associating with EA are known for not being very accurate when describing their games and sometimes outright lying about games. For example the devs of SimCity tried to explain the strange design choice of always online by saying that the servers did some calculations related to the game but this was actually not true and the game was playable offline.
---
pathological