Battlefield 4 or Ryse?

#1mike32_99Posted 1/8/2014 9:46:56 AM
Which game should I get? I have ghosts and am enjoying that, but battlefield looks great! Ryse does too, but I hear it's a very short game with little replay value. Any opinions?
#2weezergabePosted 1/8/2014 9:49:21 AM
Ryse is pretty short but a ton of fun. And Battlefield is incredible for online multiplayer. (with bugs of course)
---
3DO is still the best console of all time.
#3SorbetowulfPosted 1/8/2014 9:49:33 AM
Battlefield 4 seems to be running a little bit better at this point, so I'd go with that. I managed to play it for a few hours last night (for the first time in almost a month) and had no problems multiplayer. A couple weeks ago I managed to get all of the single-player achievements and the saves still seem to be there.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#4zerooo0Posted 1/8/2014 9:53:25 AM(edited)
While BF4 will give you more replay value than Ryse, but BF4 is in a broken state right now. I would get Ryse, but trade in some games that you don't play anymore to get the price down if you're buying from say Gamestop.

DICE should get BF4 working in 2 months time at the pace they're going now. Ryse to my knowledge is a working game that wont give you any headaches trying to play it.

If you do go BF4 play it late at night when the server traffic is down.Server traffic is my biggest problem that I haven't been able to play the game the past 2 weeks during the day time which is the time that I prefer to play.+
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5mike32_99(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 9:59:35 AM
Thanks for the opinions guys! More are welcomed though.
#6dnmtPosted 1/8/2014 10:00:49 AM
BF4 is amazing.. when it works. Ryse is a rental at best.
#7BigEDolePosted 1/8/2014 10:02:41 AM
zerooo0 posted...
While BF4 will give you more replay value than Ryse, but BF4 is in a broken state right now.

BF4 multiplayer has been very stable for the past couple weeks now. While crashes seem to happen for some people from time to time, calling it a broken state is probably not warranted anymore.
---
psn: Ellery01
#8TBONE_OGPosted 1/8/2014 10:10:16 AM(edited)
I have Ryse, it's badass. And it has replay value. It's called Arena, Gladiator mode. Google it. Lots of fun with you and a buddy.

I really enjoy killing the last dude of a 10 man Horde, shouting out to the crowd while placing my boot on the dead dude's chest.
---
Always O.G.
#9zerooo0Posted 1/8/2014 10:05:43 AM
BigEDole posted...
zerooo0 posted...
While BF4 will give you more replay value than Ryse, but BF4 is in a broken state right now.

BF4 multiplayer has been very stable for the past couple weeks now. While crashes seem to happen for some people from time to time, calling it a broken state is probably not warranted anymore.

This is just from my personal experience. BF4 doesn't even work for me that I haven't been able to play the dang campaign or get in a single multiplayer match the past 2 weeks. If you can then more power to you and enjoy, but the game is simply broken for me. The only thing that does work on it is Firing Range for me. If it works for you great, but this is just from my personal experience.

Ryse to my knowledge is a safer buy because it works right out of the gate to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#10Mr_KillstreakPosted 1/8/2014 10:17:14 AM
Ryse is about 5 hours (if that) of the same QTE's and executions over and over again with no challenge at all.