6v6? 6v6?!?!

#31krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 2:11:59 PM
skermac posted...
rusty12000 posted...
We can only hope the PC version isn't so limited.

PC's have more power so they can have more players. XB1 is limited to 6v6 due to not enough power for bigger maps.

Again read up on it was not performance issues...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#32AzaneAzerPosted 1/8/2014 2:14:45 PM(edited)
ExempliGratia posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Kinda sad for a multiplayer-only game.

What does it being a multiplayer only game have to do with them making it 6v6 for balance sake?

It's not balance sake, the game can't run with more on the Xbone.

If it were, they would have a competitive 6v6 mode and allow more players in casual content (CS Style)

It's Developer Spin, it's "just buy a 360" all over again, "OH NO IT WASNT PERFORMANCE!" is just executive talk for "Don't look at the power difference"
#33ExempliGratiaPosted 1/8/2014 2:15:38 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Kinda sad for a multiplayer-only game.

What does it being a multiplayer only game have to do with them making it 6v6 for balance sake?

It's not balance sake, the game can't run with more on the Xbone.

If it were, they would have a competitive 6v6 mode and allow more players in casual content (CS Style)

That makes no sense. AT ALL. I know you know this but typing lies doesn't make them true even if you say them with conviction.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#34JuttooPosted 1/8/2014 2:20:39 PM
krystyla posted...
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...
Juttoo posted...
I think the "we did it for performance" rationale is basically read as "we need to be able to ship this on the 360 as well."

I'm still excited for the game, but definitely disappointed with 6v6.

They didn't do it for performance...

OK, "this is best for our AI" rationale is basically read as "we need to be able to ship this on the 360 as well."

Semantics.

Reading up on it helps, like them saying anything higher turned into a mess

Lol I'm glad you can repeat talking points from the developer over and over again. Thinking for yourself helps as well, not just blindly accepting everything at face value.
#35skermacPosted 1/8/2014 2:25:03 PM
How come no one ever believes the developers?

How come everyone thinks they know more than the developers?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#36CyborgTwentyPosted 1/8/2014 2:47:39 PM
6v6 is the future of gaming, maybe one day even 3v3 will be possible!!
#37JuttooPosted 1/8/2014 2:58:29 PM(edited)
skermac posted...
How come no one ever believes the developers?

How come everyone thinks they know more than the developers?

You can probably blame that on Peter Molyneux ;)

I think in general it comes down to being an intelligent consumer. I don't think anyone is trying to claim that they're better at developing games than the folks at Respawn. They've had a huge impact on modern shooters, and I'm still excited about Titanfall. There's little doubt that the gameplay will be a lot fun.

But it is tremendously easy to connect the dots and come to conclusion that the sole rationale behind limiting the game to 6v6 is for balance is just a load of BS. If you want to be a consumer that is spoon-fed talking points with a smile, by all means.

But considering that the game is multi-generational, only goes to 720p, was originally developed/designed to be for 360/PS3 generation, etc., it seems pretty clear that they have plenty of motivation to limit the game in someway in order for it to be the same experience on 360/one/pc.

In the end, I think the game was hyped as something more Battlefield than CoD in terms of scale and size, and people are now reasonably disappointed that it's not.

edit: grammar fail :(
#38krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 3:13:25 PM
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...
Juttoo posted...
I think the "we did it for performance" rationale is basically read as "we need to be able to ship this on the 360 as well."

I'm still excited for the game, but definitely disappointed with 6v6.

They didn't do it for performance...

OK, "this is best for our AI" rationale is basically read as "we need to be able to ship this on the 360 as well."

Semantics.

Reading up on it helps, like them saying anything higher turned into a mess

Lol I'm glad you can repeat talking points from the developer over and over again. Thinking for yourself helps as well, not just blindly accepting everything at face value.

Lol I'm glad you value your uninformed opinion above the developers statement
---
#39Nathalmighty1Posted 1/8/2014 4:03:44 PM
If you want to believe the devs that's fine. But do you believe the devs could just say "yea we dumbed it down so it could work on all systems the same" if it was the truth? No chance! Microsoft would destroy them. There are a lot of politics involved so trusting what people say isn't easy.
#40krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 4:05:53 PM
Nathalmighty1 posted...
If you want to believe the devs that's fine. But do you believe the devs could just say "yea we dumbed it down so it could work on all systems the same" if it was the truth? No chance! Microsoft would destroy them. There are a lot of politics involved so trusting what people say isn't easy.

MS would more than welcome them reducing players for 360 only
---