6v6? 6v6?!?!

#41archibald3Posted 1/8/2014 5:09:09 PM
skermac posted...
How come no one ever believes the developers?

How come everyone thinks they know more than the developers?
#42cheezedadadaPosted 1/8/2014 5:13:55 PM
Nathalmighty1 posted...
If you want to believe the devs that's fine. But do you believe the devs could just say "yea we dumbed it down so it could work on all systems the same" if it was the truth? No chance! Microsoft would destroy them. There are a lot of politics involved so trusting what people say isn't easy.

The devs working on the 360 version is an entirely different team. They could have made the 360 team focus on 6v6 and Xbox One / PC versions focus on 8v8, 10v10 or 500v500. So yeah, I bet its more about balance. Watching gameplay shows you how hectic this game is and tossing in more and more people/mechs is only going to add more chaos. I assume they know their game better than us.

In the end though, intelligent people are going to judge the game AFTER they play it.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#43USFPosted 1/8/2014 5:18:22 PM
skermac posted...

EA and IW basically. Like Simcity had always online feature because it had to calculate **** through the servers, which was proven to be a complete lie. Just like all the lies EA made Bioware say. Just like all the BS IW spoon fed us while working on their MW2.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Starcraft II: HoTS, Hearthstone (Beta).
#44FMercury12Posted 1/8/2014 5:18:57 PM
I know Xbox one fans expected more players and big matches. Maybe that will come in the future. With Titanfall give it a chance before you knock it. Let be honest, this is probably the only game you will buy til Halo comes out.
#45JuttooPosted 1/8/2014 5:19:14 PM
krystyla posted...

Lol I'm glad you value your uninformed opinion above the developers statement

Fanboyism at its finest. Enjoy being a blind sheep. Gotta love people that eat up bullsh*t with a smile. Let me guess, you think politicians never lie and fox news is the definitive resource for unbiased news?
#46krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 5:23:50 PM
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...

Fanboyism at its finest. Enjoy being a blind sheep. Gotta love people that eat up bullsh*t with a smile. Let me guess, you think politicians never lie and fox news is the definitive resource for unbiased news?

No I believe when I don't know better I either believe the developer or research it, not come to conclusions based on hearsay and BS.

I am not from the US so I couldn't care less about Fox news and my country has more than 2 parties so I can actually choose whom to vote.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#47skermacPosted 1/8/2014 5:25:59 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Nathalmighty1 posted...
If you want to believe the devs that's fine. But do you believe the devs could just say "yea we dumbed it down so it could work on all systems the same" if it was the truth? No chance! Microsoft would destroy them. There are a lot of politics involved so trusting what people say isn't easy.

The devs working on the 360 version is an entirely different team. They could have made the 360 team focus on 6v6 and Xbox One / PC versions focus on 8v8, 10v10 or 500v500. So yeah, I bet its more about balance. Watching gameplay shows you how hectic this game is and tossing in more and more people/mechs is only going to add more chaos. I assume they know their game better than us.

In the end though, intelligent people are going to judge the game AFTER they play it.

Why doesn't the XB1 dev team give us 1080p @ 60 fps and let the 360 team tailor it to the 360?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#48DGezusPosted 1/8/2014 5:34:29 PM
If TC was specifically flipping out over Titanfall, I agree, but not as vehemently. I could have forgiven 6 titans per side. But why not have big huge epic battles with anywhere from 40 to 100 people involved. If you're going to brag about how awesome cloud computing is, then really show off.
#49JuttooPosted 1/8/2014 5:36:12 PM
krystyla posted...
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...

No I believe when I don't know better I either believe the developer or research it, not come to conclusions based on hearsay and BS.

I am not from the US so I couldn't care less about Fox news and my country has more than 2 parties so I can actually choose whom to vote.

Well if you're incapable of not connecting a rather simple set of dots in all of your "research," then you're a special man.

Let's see...the game is multi-generational, only goes to 720p, was originally developed/designed to be for 360/PS3 generation, and they choose their engine based on their ability to develop on it for the 360/PS3 generation. But nah...all of that is insignificant...the developer said it's only 6v6 because it balances best with the design. Well they said it...so must be true. It's not as if they have any motivation to limit the game in someway in order for it to be the same experience on 360/one/pc.

In the end, I'm still excited for the game and think it will be fun. But am disappointed that the scale of the game is much smaller than it has been hyped up to be.

But hey, I'll leave you to it, good luck on your crusade and enjoy the swallow.
#50OandA_PestPosted 1/8/2014 5:36:44 PM
archibald3 posted...
skermac posted...

Examples of Liars and arrogant turds in the business:
1. Peter Molyneux
2. Infinity Ward
3. Electronic Arts
4. Microsoft (DRM; #dealwithit fiasco)
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8