6v6? 6v6?!?!

#51krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 4:38:26 PM
OandA_Pest posted...
archibald3 posted...
skermac posted...
How come no one ever believes the developers?

How come everyone thinks they know more than the developers?

Examples of Liars and arrogant turds in the business:
1. Peter Molyneux
2. Infinity Ward
3. Electronic Arts
4. Microsoft (DRM; #dealwithit fiasco)

And there are probably thousands stating the truth point being?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#52YUNGLEANPosted 1/8/2014 4:38:44 PM
Most Mech games are capped off at 6 v 6 anyway. It would have been the same on PS4 if it were a Sony exclusive. It's just a tried and true mechanic to keep the game at playable levels. Even TLOU is 4v4 and it's not even mechs.
---
"I'm The Fresh Prince of Hyrule" - The Fresh Prince of Hyrule
#53krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 4:41:32 PM
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...

Lol I'm glad you value your uninformed opinion above the developers statement

Fanboyism at its finest. Enjoy being a blind sheep. Gotta love people that eat up bullsh*t with a smile. Let me guess, you think politicians never lie and fox news is the definitive resource for unbiased news?

No I believe when I don't know better I either believe the developer or research it, not come to conclusions based on hearsay and BS.

I am not from the US so I couldn't care less about Fox news and my country has more than 2 parties so I can actually choose whom to vote.

Well if you're incapable of not connecting a rather simple set of dots in all of your "research," then you're a special man.

Let's see...the game is multi-generational, only goes to 720p, was originally developed/designed to be for 360/PS3 generation, and they choose their engine based on their ability to develop on it for the 360/PS3 generation. But nah...all of that is insignificant...the developer said it's only 6v6 because it balances best with the design. Well they said it...so must be true. It's not as if they have any motivation to limit the game in someway in order for it to be the same experience on 360/one/pc.

In the end, I'm still excited for the game and think it will be fun. But am disappointed that the scale of the game is much smaller than it has been hyped up to be.

But hey, I'll leave you to it, good luck on your crusade and enjoy the swallow.

How do you not understand they'd welcome a restricted 360 version. People w/o decent PC and XBO would still get 360 version but it would be enticing to get an xbo for and hence please MS who is partially paying for the game
---
#54OandA_PestPosted 1/8/2014 4:42:47 PM
krystyla posted...
OandA_Pest posted...
archibald3 posted...
skermac posted...

1. Peter Molyneux
2. Infinity Ward
3. Electronic Arts

The point being listening and following the word of every developer is a bad idea.

If they came out and straight up admitted that the system couldn't handle more than just 6v6 matches, how do you think consumers would react to that?

I don't think 8v8 matches or 10v10 would have been impossible. It's not like every player is going to have a Titan on the ground at all times in one match.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8
#55krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 4:45:44 PM
OandA_Pest posted...
krystyla posted...
OandA_Pest posted...
archibald3 posted...
skermac posted...

1. Peter Molyneux
2. Infinity Ward
3. Electronic Arts

The point being listening and following the word of every developer is a bad idea.

If they came out and straight up admitted that the system couldn't handle more than just 6v6 matches, how do you think consumers would react to that?

I don't think 8v8 matches or 10v10 would have been impossible. It's not like every player is going to have a Titan on the ground at all times in one match.

Not at all times but at times it's possible with 6v6.
---
#56TrueGBPosted 1/8/2014 4:49:27 PM
I imagine the decision to go with 6v6 has something to do with the mechs. If the mechs were so easily destroyed they might as well just be yet another player on the map, it wouldn't have been worth including them, so we know those mechs are worth way more than just one player. You fill a map full of those things and...well, this isn't Mech Warrior. So, yeah, 6v6 (including gigantic machines of death) sounds fair.
---
Future Billionaire
#57mfv12979Posted 1/8/2014 4:53:17 PM
It may be 6v6 but titanfall will make a ton of cash. The same way cod has been doing over the years. People will complain about 6v6 but in the end they will still buy it. Year after year after year.
#58ZerabpPosted 1/8/2014 4:54:00 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
I can't wait to see a ton of topics about PC Vs Xbox One graphics comparisons about this game...oh wait.

See you guys on TitanFall :-)

FIxed oh wait...
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#59JuttooPosted 1/8/2014 4:58:02 PM
krystyla posted...

How do you not understand they'd welcome a restricted 360 version. People w/o decent PC and XBO would still get 360 version but it would be enticing to get an xbo for and hence please MS who is partially paying for the game

Lol, now you're just making stuff up. As a sidenote for the future, if you're going to make stuff up in order to save face, you may want to make something up that actually makes sense and actually fits into all of your "research."

Respawn has said they made the choice themselves to move the project to Xbone. They even said, "We were very worried about the technical constraints of trying to fit on 360, and trying to optimize a bunch of code that was going to make a (release) really tight on a generation that was almost over."

The brunt of their development team is working on the "next gen" version of the game while the 360 version is being developed by another studio under Respawn's supervision.

Plus, I assume that Microsoft would love the game to be exclusive to Xbone. The decision to keep it on the 360 is most likely a decision from EA, so they can maximize sales. Which I can't blame them for, because it's their job to make money. But I can be disappointed and frustrated that they try to spin it off as a balancing decision.
#60krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 5:04:14 PM
Juttoo posted...
krystyla posted...

Lol, now you're just making stuff up. As a sidenote for the future, if you're going to make stuff up in order to save face, you may want to make something up that actually makes sense and actually fits into all of your "research."

Respawn has said they made the choice themselves to move the project to Xbone. They even said, "We were very worried about the technical constraints of trying to fit on 360, and trying to optimize a bunch of code that was going to make a (release) really tight on a generation that was almost over."

The brunt of their development team is working on the "next gen" version of the game while the 360 version is being developed by another studio under Respawn's supervision.

Plus, I assume that Microsoft would love the game to be exclusive to Xbone. The decision to keep it on the 360 is most likely a decision from EA, so they can maximize sales. Which I can't blame them for, because it's their job to make money. But I can be disappointed and frustrated that they try to spin it off as a balancing decision.

BF3 and 4 were both restricted last gen so EA is fine with that. MS wanting exclusivity also speaks for my conclusion. Nothing you said debunks my point.
---