Senior Art Director of Halo 4 leaves 343i and goes to Naughty Dog

#21Satchmo25Posted 1/8/2014 6:03:59 PM
teehee23 posted...
Topic exploded in tc's face.
The Senior AD is still working with 343 and not working for Naughty Dogs.

You're welcome.

betcha its not the only thing that explodes in his face

teehee
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#22BeefEasterPosted 1/8/2014 6:06:48 PM
Kolanifv posted...
Top_Bloke posted...
Just so people are aware - it was the Senior Art Directors wife who went to Naught Dog, not the man himself.

Topic is mis-leading.

This is a new story, the senior art director did indeed leave 343 as of today. His new job isn't stated though.

"Kenneth Scott, Halo 4's senior art director, has stepped down from his duties at developer 343 Industries. Scott spent four years working on Halo 4, and has presumably been working on Halo for Xbox One since.

“In order to be with his family, Kenneth Scott and 343 Industries have agreed to transition his current role," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. Scott's wife, Corrinne Yu, left Washington's 343 Industries in November for Sony's Naughty Dog in California.

So who will replace Scott?"

"Kenneth will continue to work with 343 Industries remotely and partner with Nicolas in a newly created role as a Visual Design Consultant. We can’t wait to share more details regarding the future of ‘Halo’ very soon.”"
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#23Cosmic_Diabetic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 6:07:01 PM
Gothmogz posted...
Where does it say he went to Naughty Dog, thats false, his wife did and he still works for Microsoft.

did you not read the article? It literally says in the first sentence he stepped down and moved to California to be with his wife. So unless he plans on retiring at a remarkably young age I imagine he'll join his wife at Naughty Dog
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#24krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 6:08:28 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Gothmogz posted...
Where does it say he went to Naughty Dog, thats false, his wife did and he still works for Microsoft.

did you not read the article? It literally says in the first sentence he stepped down and moved to California to be with his wife. So unless he plans on retiring at a remarkably young age I imagine he'll join his wife at Naughty Dog

Because that's the only employer in the whole area?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#25Robin_MaskPosted 1/8/2014 6:08:57 PM
Gothmogz posted...

Really...?

It isn't as if Naughty Dog is the ONLY developer in California either.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#26locksmithblackPosted 1/8/2014 6:09:05 PM
krystyla posted...
Well according to Gfaqs Call of Duty 4: Halo and 343i suck.

fix'd
---
Haters = Motivators
#27Cosmic_Diabetic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 6:09:45 PM
krystyla posted...
Gothmogz posted...

MS doesn't really have any offices out there. I mean he could still do phone and skype conferences but not much outside of that
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#28Top_BlokePosted 1/8/2014 6:11:06 PM
Gothmogz posted...

Did you?

It says he's still working at 343 in another remote role.

Quote from the article: "Kenneth will continue to work with 343 Industries remotely and partner with Nicolas in a newly created role as a Visual Design Consultant."
#29krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 6:12:32 PM
krystyla posted...
Gothmogz posted...

MS doesn't really have any offices out there. I mean he could still do phone and skype conferences but not much outside of that

Who's talking about MS, it also states a transition which implies it's not like he stopped working one day in the midst of something
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#30Rome218Posted 1/8/2014 6:12:42 PM
cheezedadada posted...
As a guy who generally prefers MS stuff over everything else, I can openly admit that I dont like Halo but love Naughty Dog. Halo is awesome because its a huge series which leads to a bigger Xbox One fanbase, but I personally wont be purchasing it.

I feel the same. I am going to buy it for the co op, but it really has not been a great franchise to me. I feel the same way about Uncharted because of the poorly done combat, but I really enjoy tlou.