Senior Art Director of Halo 4 leaves 343i and goes to Naughty Dog

#31Satchmo25Posted 1/8/2014 6:13:11 PM
Top_Bloke posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Gothmogz posted...
Where does it say he went to Naughty Dog, thats false, his wife did and he still works for Microsoft.

did you not read the article? It literally says in the first sentence he stepped down and moved to California to be with his wife. So unless he plans on retiring at a remarkably young age I imagine he'll join his wife at Naughty Dog

Did you?

It says he's still working at 343 in another remote role.

Quote from the article: "Kenneth will continue to work with 343 Industries remotely and partner with Nicolas in a newly created role as a Visual Design Consultant."

so he's secretly a double agent for Naughty Dog? j/k the ponies here are so desperate this is probably what they believe
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#32BeefEasterPosted 1/8/2014 6:13:15 PM
is this some sort of alternate dimension where people only read a portion of things and then jump to conclusions?
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#33Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/8/2014 6:13:43 PM
krystyla posted...
Gothmogz posted...
Where does it say he went to Naughty Dog, thats false, his wife did and he still works for Microsoft.

did you not read the article? It literally says in the first sentence he stepped down and moved to California to be with his wife. So unless he plans on retiring at a remarkably young age I imagine he'll join his wife at Naughty Dog

Because that's the only employer in the whole area?

MS doesn't really have any offices out there. I mean he could still do phone and skype conferences but not much outside of that
that's exactly how it's done, actually. skype screen sharing. outsourced freelance artists do this all the time now. he's still working for 343. says so right there in the article.
#34Top_BlokePosted 1/8/2014 6:13:54 PM
BeefEaster posted...
is this some sort of alternate dimension where people only read a portion of things and then jump to conclusions?

No, it's just Gamefaqs.
#35IroncondorzPosted 1/8/2014 6:14:24 PM
“In order to be with his family, Kenneth Scott and 343 Industries have agreed to transition his current role," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. Scott's wife, Corrinne Yu, left Washington's 343 Industries in November for Sony's Naughty Dog in California.

If I am understanding this correctly, this means he left his position at 343 but not Microsoft. So essentially he transferred to another dept to be with his family.

I hope everyone realizes a lot of these guys in the industry have long resumes working on all sorts of games for all sorts of employers. Some of them you might love, some you might hate. They are just normal people doing a job after all.
#36BeefEasterPosted 1/8/2014 6:15:50 PM
Satchmo25 posted...

so he's secretly a double agent for Naughty Dog? j/k the ponies here are so desperate this is probably what they believe

oh really?

that's what "ponies" believe?

you should go read the version on this thread on the ps4 board
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
#37Cosmic_Diabetic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 6:18:15 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
krystyla posted...
Gothmogz posted...

Because that's the only employer in the whole area?

MS doesn't really have any offices out there. I mean he could still do phone and skype conferences but not much outside of that
that's exactly how it's done, actually. skype screen sharing. outsourced freelance artists do this all the time now. he's still working for 343. says so right there in the article.

yes but how long do you really think the man would be satisfied in such a job? He goes from making the character models and sprites to the most iconic characters on Xbox to giving advice on stuff over the phone.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#38Top_BlokePosted 1/8/2014 6:20:07 PM
BeefEaster posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

oh really?

that's what "ponies" believe?

you should go read the version on this thread on the ps4 board

To be honest, the actual PS4 board is really good, it's full of gamers not ponies.

The ponies are here.
#39teehee23Posted 1/8/2014 6:24:12 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
“In order to be with his family, Kenneth Scott and 343 Industries have agreed to transition his current role," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. Scott's wife, Corrinne Yu, left Washington's 343 Industries in November for Sony's Naughty Dog in California.

If I am understanding this correctly, this means he left his position at 343 but not Microsoft. So essentially he transferred to another dept to be with his family.

I hope everyone realizes a lot of these guys in the industry have long resumes working on all sorts of games for all sorts of employers. Some of them you might love, some you might hate. They are just normal people doing a job after all.

What's so hard to understand?

"Kenneth will continue to work with 343 Industries remotely and partner with Nicolas in a newly created role as a Visual Design Consultant. We can’t wait to share more details regarding the future of ‘Halo’ very soon.”"
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#40BeefEasterPosted 1/8/2014 6:24:53 PM
I still don't understand the "ponies" thing

is it an insult?
---