Senior Art Director of Halo 4 leaves 343i and goes to Naughty Dog

#41Rome218Posted 1/8/2014 6:24:59 PM
Also, why is this even a news story? I never heard of 343 until Halo 4. While many people were concerned after bungie left, it felt like another Halo game. If I did not know 343 made it, I'd assume it was bungie on gameplay alone.

343 took as much risks as Ubisoft did with the sequel to rs:v 2. They added sprint.

I feel bad for Halo fans. Their game is critiqued by a lot of ppl, and many ms system owners don't talk well of it. One thing I can say, I really love playing the campaign with friends. Other than that, it gets boring because it still feels too much like ANY Halo.
#42Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/8/2014 6:28:05 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
yes but how long do you really think the man would be satisfied in such a job? He goes from making the character models and sprites to the most iconic characters on Xbox to giving advice on stuff over the phone.
actually, that's my preferred method of getting any great amount of work accomplished. sitting at home working on the layouts and finished art, while doing a few planned skype meetings with screen sharing throughout the week. and again, 343 specifically hired a LOT of talented art leads. it's amazing how many of them were willing to work together under one roof, especially considering there was no guarantee of steady work immediately after halo 4 wrapped.
#43krystylaPosted 1/8/2014 6:38:02 PM
BeefEaster posted...
I still don't understand the "ponies" thing

is it an insult?

Writing Sony fanboy takes to long if you are able to come up with something better feel free to
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#44James_4ortPosted 1/8/2014 6:56:37 PM
O good, now Sonys best studio has a MS spy sniffing up all the secrets behind their programming mastery and the like.

Or this couple thought it would be cool to work on the major exclusives from the big rivals, Sony and MS.
---
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true
#45ZenGamer64Posted 1/8/2014 7:26:31 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/08/halo-4-art-director-steps-down-at-343-industries
---
Feed me like a baby bird!
#46Ramsus082Posted 1/8/2014 8:57:05 PM
Isn't this the second high-level exec from 343 to jump to NaughtyDog? I could have sworn their creative director left just a couple months ago to the same place.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#47GevousPosted 1/8/2014 9:00:42 PM
krystyla posted...
BeefEaster posted...

is it an insult?

Writing Sony fanboy takes to long if you are able to come up with something better feel free to

Ponies is as long as fanboy and pony is two letters shorter. All it is is an immature way to try to get at sony fans by using an oh-so-ever clever rhyme, even though it just sounds stupid in reality.
#48krillensPosted 1/8/2014 9:02:42 PM
sony fanboy here...

who cares? art director... oh no... fall of MS incoming
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#49krystylaPosted 1/9/2014 3:06:09 AM
Gevous posted...
krystyla posted...
BeefEaster posted...

is it an insult?

Ponies is as long as fanboy and pony is two letters shorter. All it is is an immature way to try to get at sony fans by using an oh-so-ever clever rhyme, even though it just sounds stupid in reality.

Gut writing fanboy alone is sometimes insufficient
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#50Lawboy2Posted 1/9/2014 7:12:40 AM
Top_Bloke posted...
BeefEaster posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

so he's secretly a double agent for Naughty Dog? j/k the ponies here are so desperate this is probably what they believe

oh really?

that's what "ponies" believe?

you should go read the version on this thread on the ps4 board

To be honest, the actual PS4 board is really good, it's full of gamers not ponies.

The ponies are here.

^^^
This is true I frequent the ps4 board often and I find them calling out extreme sony fans all the time they actually have meaningful discussions and don't have to worry about fanboys (well most of the time)
It's actually sad u can't enjoy the xbox one board