MS is pretty much a "titan" of the industry. Sony near bankruptcy?

#1ILikeGamesManPosted 1/8/2014 8:31:12 PM
http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

I just read about Sony having a 79% chance of going bankrupt in 2 years? Holy crap. Obviously this fluctuates up and down and isn't reliable, but those numbers are pretty scary for people who plan on going all digital with the PS4. I don't want the company of a console I own to go under. A little while back, they sold off a few locations as well and times seem really tough at Sony. That part about the Vita being a huge money-sink is unfortunate as well.

Meanwhile, MS has a 1%-2% chance of going bankrupt based on the website's source.

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/market/MSFT--Microsoft-Corporation

These numbers will fluctuate, but apparently not by much.

So why is it that Sony had up to a 79% chance of going bankrupt and MS had a max of 1-2%? Also is this why everyone hates MS? The fact that they are "titans" of the industry while Sony "falls" to the side?

ON a side note to PS4 owners who troll: Will you consider buying an X1 if your company goes under? I hope for a very long and prosperous road for both consoles since I already spent the money to buy them, but I never fear for MS while I always wonder if Sony will have to sell off more properties to stay afloat.

Discuss?
#2ukemandwnbuPosted 1/8/2014 8:32:51 PM
Why do you use words such as "Titan" and "fall" so much in your OP?
#3Top_BlokePosted 1/8/2014 8:34:18 PM
I hope not - that would really hurt the gaming industry on a whole, hopefully they can continue to ship out consoles and boost their bottom line.

I think the Sony brand is quality and would hate to see it go.

I really don't think it'll happen though, as much as the article says the numbers make sense, these things get hyped up a lot.
#4ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 8:35:04 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...

I could give you 6v6 reasons :)
#5teehee23Posted 1/8/2014 8:35:40 PM
It's a shame that Vita is doing so poorly, it's a very well designed machine.
I don't like 79% vs. odds, that's a tough challenge to overcome especially with Xbox #1 already at 3 million plus sales.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#6ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 8:36:51 PM
Top_Bloke posted...
I hope not - that would really hurt the gaming industry on a whole, hopefully they can continue to ship out consoles and boost their bottom line.

I think the Sony brand is quality and would hate to see it go.

I really don't think it'll happen though, as much as the article says the numbers make sense, these things get hyped up a lot.

I think Sony is a great brand, too. To be honest, I don't see them going under but it freaks me out watching them sell building after building while losing money left and right on everything they do.

This is why I will always like Microsoft. They know what they are doing and all joking aside they really are "titans" of the industry. They spend ass loads of money advertising and they seem on top of their game all the time.
#7ukemandwnbuPosted 1/8/2014 8:38:02 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...

Hmmm... You beast. You now have my respect.

*+720 respect points to ILikeGamesMan*
#8ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 8:39:36 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...

Hmmm... You beast. You now have my respect.

*+720 respect points to ILikeGamesMan*

I'll only accept those 720 respect points if they are at 60FPS.
#9ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 8:45:20 PM
Microsoft:

Current Valuation 248.89 B
Shares Outstanding 8.35 B
Number of Shares Shorted 73.11 M
Revenue 80.37 B

All I need to say to that is...wow. To think, we are sitting here arguing over 6v6 in Titanfall and they have a current valuation of 248.89 BILLION.
#10ILikeGamesMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 8:48:45 PM
teehee23 posted...
It's a shame that Vita is doing so poorly, it's a very well designed machine.
I don't like 79% vs. odds, that's a tough challenge to overcome especially with Xbox #1 already at 3 million plus sales.

It sucks because I actually wont the best for both companies. I just think its funny because of all the hate MS gets here and people act like they have no clue what's going on, yet they are so incredibly profitable in every way.

If MS was in charge of the Vita, they would have advertised the hell out of it or found something worked. What Sony did to the Vita is a tragedy in my opinion.