Skyrim listed for PS4 and Xbox One

#41Kane90987Posted 1/9/2014 12:31:58 AM
I'll pass.

I'd rather have Morrowind or one of the first two games.
#42hmoobpaladinPosted 1/9/2014 12:38:12 AM
As long as it's the Legendary Edition, I might throw money at it.
---
"All women have the same number of holes."
#43BrokenChaos666Posted 1/9/2014 12:39:07 AM
Sweet, it's a first day purchase for myself if it comes with the DLC and they update the textures and whatnot. :)
#44AvirosbPosted 1/9/2014 12:50:37 AM
bessy67 posted...
Soccerelite08 posted...
I'd only get it if it came with all the dlc. I never got around to actually beating the game.

If this isn't a typo and they're actually porting it for next gen, I'd assume it would come with all DLC. They already made a 360 version that has all the DLC bundled in.
We'll probably get TES6 before 'next gen'.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#45Binba442Posted 1/9/2014 12:56:11 AM
Ps3/360 had bad load times. Almost unplayable. Might buy.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#46Fear_AwakensPosted 1/9/2014 1:45:11 AM
PokemonYoutube posted...
Kinda getting tired of developers porting their old games over to PS4 & Xbone to make a quick buck. I want new games, not games I've already played, dammit!

This... seriously, I already have Skyrim for my 360 and PC, and unless they seriously vamp the crap out of the graphics for the Ps4 and Xb1 versions, I'm not paying for it a third time. Actually, the graphics themselves were fine, if a bit bland and colorless. I should say the character designs. It's actually sad that it's nearly impossible to make an attractive character in Skyrim without player made mods, which are only available on PC.

Note that I say nearly impossible. If you're willing to sit there for entirely too long at the character creation screen, you can make a character in Skyrim that doesn't look like they've been drying their faces with sandpaper after washing them in crushed glass. But it takes a real long time and a lot of fine-tuning. Honestly, I can't be the only person that thought it was downright stupid to have a 'Dirt' option, or that it was literally impossible to make a male Imperial that didn't have sneer wrinkles.

And since I've got plans to buy the PS4, not the XB1, I wouldn't buy it even if I didn't already own two copies, because the PS3 version of Skyrim got practically zero maintenance I have no doubt that trend would continue on the PS4. Aah, how I laughed at my foolish friends who purchased the PS3 version and how all too often they would run around Whiterun with no head, have their companions falling through solid floors, and randomly be attacked by guards for no reason... so I have no plans to buy Skyrim again, definitely not on PS4. Maybe the XB1 version will be better, considering that every Bethesda game ever made favors Microsoft, and the rumors that it will have mod compatibility is good and all... but since I don't want an XB1 it's a moot point.

To this I say, show me TES VI... and maybe we'll talk. Which like every other TES game, will still undoubtedly be better on PC until they can promise zero game-breaking glitches that are only fixable with console codes, or they find a way to put the console code menu in the platform versions. Seriously the only series I prefer on PC than on anything else.
---
Your mind is racing.
#47DojoMaxPosted 1/9/2014 1:47:53 AM
bessy67 posted...
http://bethsoft.com/en-us/games/skyrim

Discuss.

Good for me seeing as I spent about 2 hours on the 360 version of skyrim.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#48benjimainPosted 1/9/2014 2:00:39 AM
Oh man, can't wait to play this on PS4. That best version is going to be awesome!
#49Babbit55Posted 1/9/2014 2:04:43 AM
Skyrim is one of those games that really should be played on the pc (if your pc is powerful enough) because mods really make the game so much better. If they do make it possible to mod this and it has the same kind of modding community the PC has then that would be awesome, though you will likely find most modders will be PC gamers.
#50Flen15Posted 1/9/2014 2:09:54 AM
Wat?

Well, I guess if it was easy enough for them to do (so as not to inhibit production for the next TES game) and makes them money I'm fine with it. As long as they keep using that money to make games I like.

Though I worry about the direction the games are heading. The graphics and gameplay are getting nicer with each installment, but I also feel less free with each new game. I miss being able to make decisions with actual repercussions like in Morrowind. There were so many intermingling choices between different groups and people that affected one another. I could kill anyone even plot important people. Definitely don't miss the gameplay though. Morrowind's gameplay sucked.