Which one of these system's is going to get dreamcasted this gen

#1yutterhPosted 1/8/2014 11:00:47 PM
Which of these three will get got? - Results (308 votes)
Wii U - Nintendo screwed up their lead
31.82% (98 votes)
Xbox One - Shareholder's will destroy the xbox division
29.55% (91 votes)
Playstation 4 - The company will still go under
5.19% (16 votes)
None - All are doing great what are you talking about?
32.79% (101 votes)
All - The titans will fall and the new god's will rise
0.65% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Discuss
---
Ker blam
Yolo
#2DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/8/2014 11:23:19 PM
Xbone is well on its way
---
Game... 4ever.
http://images.latinospost.com/data/images/full/22543/amazon-poll.jpg?w=600
#3aszsithPosted 1/8/2014 11:30:20 PM
My personal thought is that things stay the same as they are now for one more generation. After that though things could get interesting.

For instance, imagine if you will, the following:

Sony's hardware divisions get bought in a corporate takeover by another major consumer electronics company. Samsung is a likely candidate, but it may perhaps be Apple who has the deeper pockets to outbid the competition. Sony Entertainment still exists and pumps out Spiderman movies every 2 years.

Nintendo tries one more home console after the WiiU, it sells poorly and they shift strategies to focus solely on mobile gaming. They release a smartphone/tablet/gaming device that is insanely popular and starts to edge out iDevices in certain markets. They release a new iteration every year like is done with iDevices.

Microsoft abandons the Xbox division as it really isn't something the company brass or investors care about and continues to focus on new iterations of Windows and cloud based professional solutions. Interestingly, they bought the Vaio brand from Sony when it was selling off assets and they now produce their own hardware/software combo similar to what Apple does.

The Steam Machine becomes the new major console and marries the pc and home console market's into a single cohesive market. Developers love making a game once rather than 2 or 3 times and they can release it on a variety of third party hardware without porting issues. EA sees this and tries a similar approach with an internally produced Originbox.

We end up with a 3 console race again, this time with Samsung or Apple, Valve/Steam, and EA/Origin all competing as the major players.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#4yutterh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 11:32:45 PM
That would be pretty awesome indeed. Oh what the future hold eh?
---
Ker blam
Yolo
#5Rome218Posted 1/8/2014 11:38:59 PM
I think Nintendo is on its last leg.
If xbone doesn't bring in a large chunk of profit, I think it's over. MS makes too much money elsewhere.
If sony can save itself, they may keep their gaming division. It is profitable to the company.

I do not think consoles will stop. Some companies may bow out, but I believe others will come in. There are too many people who love games, and people who love to create them.
#6monkeyluv101Posted 1/8/2014 11:39:37 PM
aszsith posted...
My personal thought is that things stay the same as they are now for one more generation. After that though things could get interesting.

For instance, imagine if you will, the following:

Sony's hardware divisions get bought in a corporate takeover by another major consumer electronics company. Samsung is a likely candidate, but it may perhaps be Apple who has the deeper pockets to outbid the competition. Sony Entertainment still exists and pumps out Spiderman movies every 2 years.

Nintendo tries one more home console after the WiiU, it sells poorly and they shift strategies to focus solely on mobile gaming. They release a smartphone/tablet/gaming device that is insanely popular and starts to edge out iDevices in certain markets. They release a new iteration every year like is done with iDevices.

Microsoft abandons the Xbox division as it really isn't something the company brass or investors care about and continues to focus on new iterations of Windows and cloud based professional solutions. Interestingly, they bought the Vaio brand from Sony when it was selling off assets and they now produce their own hardware/software combo similar to what Apple does.

The Steam Machine becomes the new major console and marries the pc and home console market's into a single cohesive market. Developers love making a game once rather than 2 or 3 times and they can release it on a variety of third party hardware without porting issues. EA sees this and tries a similar approach with an internally produced Originbox.

We end up with a 3 console race again, this time with Samsung or Apple, Valve/Steam, and EA/Origin all competing as the major players.

If that happens consoles are done for me, PC only it is.

I for one don't think anything bad'll happen to any of the big three but if I had to choose, it would be the Wii U. The first year was garbage, but 2014 looks solid, but what then? They better have a solid E3 showing or that console's going the way the Dodocast....
#71nternationa7Posted 1/8/2014 11:44:16 PM
If Elop becomes CEO, xbone might finally actually be worth getting or he'll sell it off altogether. Mr. Elop saved Windows Phone from becoming completely obsolete by offering all kinds of freebies for Windows Phone users (ie. free offline GPS). Perhaps he'll finally destroy that dumb paywall on stuff like Netflix (perhaps online gaming too) and make xbone finally a competitive console. Perhaps he'll sell off xbox. Either way things would look up.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#8DojoMaxPosted 1/8/2014 11:48:18 PM
yutterh posted...
Discuss

Fail. All options should have been Xbox One
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#9NightMareBunnyPosted 1/9/2014 12:10:59 AM
Nintendo one gaming crash whose to say they won't survive this?

I Don't see Microsoft bowing out of a market that gives them free publicity daily and sony's main brand is playstation it's hard to see them moving on successfully without it
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#10Babbit55Posted 1/9/2014 12:47:16 AM
People do realise that the Xbox has been no means a failure, in the same time frame as the 360 is has sold about 2 million more consoles!

If you are a die hard Sony Fan you will not want Microsoft to fail too(and vice versa) as if they did you would only have 1 major player in the console market and if they have that they WILL gouge gamers for every penny they can, you will see extreme DRM, prices will rise, features will be left for more profit per machine. Competition is good, it keeps companies on there feet, just look at the Sony turn around after the Microsoft announcements on DRM, they had plans to tag each disk so it can only be used on 1 console and dropped there DRM plans with the backlash Microsoft got!

No true gamer will want a console to fail, because it will only hurt us.