Honest opinions only please!

#1Stuey777Posted 1/9/2014 2:04:34 AM
Ok guys and girls.
I have been a 360 owner since the start and have enjoyed many hours of single and multiplayer gaming.
Over these years I have developed some good friendships, albeit virtual.
Now the problem I have is all of my 360 friends have gone for the xbox one, which is fine. My two lads however are playstation enthusiasts and both have the ps4. Having seen this console in action I am really impressed and for the first time I am considering getting one.( I disliked the ps3 due to controller, lack of party chat etc).
I would like an honest opinion on the xbox one because a few of my virtual friends are complaining about a few things and seems I can't chat to them on xbox live I can't get a real impression of the console.
So please for those who can give me your impression of the new console so I can make a more informed choice.
Thanks
#2dnmtPosted 1/9/2014 2:20:11 AM(edited)
The PS4 controller is much improved from the previous one if that's your biggest hangup on buying a PS4. That said I wouldn't get any of the next-gen consoles right now as they have no games and still have some hardware/software kinks that need to be worked out.
#3BigTlovesBEERPosted 1/9/2014 5:10:23 AM
Stuey777 posted...
Ok guys and girls.
I have been a 360 owner since the start and have enjoyed many hours of single and multiplayer gaming.
Now the problem I have is all of my 360 friends have gone for the xbox one, which is fine. My two lads however are playstation enthusiasts and both have the ps4. Having seen this console in action I am really impressed and for the first time I am considering getting one.( I disliked the ps3 due to controller, lack of party chat etc).
I would like an honest opinion on the xbox one because a few of my virtual friends are complaining about a few things and seems I can't chat to them on xbox live I can't get a real impression of the console.
So please for those who can give me your impression of the new console so I can make a more informed choice.
Thanks

I have both consoles and so far I like both, but neither has even begun to reach its potential. I honestly think either way you can do no wrong. Maybe if you have a specific question on which things would sway you one way or the other I could answer them?

dnmt posted...
The PS4 controller is much improved from the previous one if that's your biggest hangup on buying a PS4.

I disagree. PS3 controller > PS4 controller all day. I have two controller and the buttons are already sticking as if it's 4 years old on one of them. The triggers have no resistance they're harder to use with driving games and shooters than xbone's controller for me.
#4Stuey777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 5:21:18 AM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
Stuey777 posted...
Ok guys and girls.
Thanks

I have both consoles and so far I like both, but neither has even begun to reach its potential. I honestly think either way you can do no wrong. Maybe if you have a specific question on which things would sway you one way or the other I could answer them?

dnmt posted...
The PS4 controller is much improved from the previous one if that's your biggest hangup on buying a PS4.

I disagree. PS3 controller > PS4 controller all day. I have two controller and the buttons are already sticking as if it's 4 years old on one of them. The triggers have no resistance they're harder to use with driving games and shooters than xbone's controller for me.

Hi
Thanks very much for your reply. The controller was a concern because I do like the 360 controller.
I also have been told that you can't chat across games, since I play a lot of bf4 and my friends are playing cod.
Not particularly keen on the kinect, but may be persuaded.
#5micheal82Posted 1/9/2014 5:28:19 AM
Stuey777 posted...
BigTlovesBEER posted...
Stuey777 posted...
Ok guys and girls.
Thanks

dnmt posted...

Hi
Thanks very much for your reply. The controller was a concern because I do like the 360 controller.
I also have been told that you can't chat across games, since I play a lot of bf4 and my friends are playing cod.
Not particularly keen on the kinect, but may be persuaded.

There is still cross game chat, it's just not as simple as it was on the 360. Both controllers are an improvement over the previous one. For me the X1 controller just feels better then the DS4. As an owner of both consoles you can't go wrong with either, but right now I'm having more fun with my Xbox.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#6chrish909Posted 1/9/2014 5:33:06 AM
Imo ps4 controller is the worst Ive ever used. Try pressing start like on any other controller and you end up pressing a giant unbalenced ugly button that doesnt even do anything. Then theres the fact that its much bigger than all the other controllers for ps.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#7ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/9/2014 5:56:00 AM
Dualshock 4 has more functions than the xbone controller. I don't even know how they justify the 60 dollar price tag.

The ds4 is actually really nice. People will have their preferences, but all can agree that the ds4 is a huge improvement on the ds3 and feels natural.
---
Tro9ooooooololololllllooooooooo999lllolololololollllllolllololololo zomggggtrrolllzzzz help me!!! I'm too immature to ignore trollZzzzz
#8NeoAndurilPosted 1/9/2014 5:57:13 AM
chrish909 posted...
Imo ps4 controller is the worst Ive ever used. Try pressing start like on any other controller and you end up pressing a giant unbalenced ugly button that doesnt even do anything. Then theres the fact that its much bigger than all the other controllers for ps.

You have never touched a ps4 nor its controller. Why do you feel the need to lie so much console warrior? This is so embarrassing for you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#9MidnightJacketPosted 1/9/2014 6:20:37 AM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
Stuey777 posted...
Ok guys and girls.
Thanks

dnmt posted...

As far as controller's, I'd rate the Xbox One's new one on about the same level as the 360's. The triggers are a little higher in the back, so players that used two fingers in the back (that's what she said) aren't likely to have the same comfort as they did with the 360's. BUT, when you play a game like Forza and those new rumble features kick in, it really adds a new, welcomed dimension to gaming. I know, rumble doesn't sound real impressive, but it's much improved from old rumbling, might be one of those things you have to experience to understand.

The sticks on the Xbone are a soft rubber with texture added around the perimeter of the sticks themselves. It really shines on games that need more precision, like COD.

Alot of my friends went with the PS4, so I've spent some significant time infront of one. The controller is a downgrade, IMO, and mostly because of the sticks. The concave feature ontop of the stick feels more annoying than helpful, particularly when your fingers start to sweat in COD and your precision is lost because your thumbs slide around trying to maintain grip.
#10dnmtPosted 1/9/2014 6:20:43 AM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
Dualshock 4 has more functions than the xbone controller. I don't even know how they justify the 60 dollar price tag.

The ds4 is actually really nice. People will have their preferences, but all can agree that the ds4 is a huge improvement on the ds3 and feels natural.

This is literally the first thread where I see even one person saying the DS4 is worse than the DS3, let alone two. Don't know what they've been smoking.