Your reaction to either Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft dropping out of gaming.

#1Dannyson97Posted 1/9/2014 12:03:56 PM
Now a gaming division or company leaving the industry is a sad matter people lose jobs, money and less games for people. I'm not wishing death to any of these, I'm just asking if Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony dropped out of gaming entirely what would be your reaction for each?
My reaction for Nintendo: I would be mildly depressed for days, and may actually stop keeping up with gaming in general.

My reaction for Sony: I would be sad I have nothing against Sony they made great games and consoles but happy that the fanboys would shut up.

My reaction for Microsoft: I liked Microsoft's consoles sure they made quite a few dick moves they were those guys whose games I loved to play and hated to love. Bigger hit then losing Sony.
---
I am a Christian and proud!
3DO appreciation month!
#2bessy67Posted 1/9/2014 12:06:58 PM
I'd be very surprised in all 3 cases. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Nintendo dropped out of the home console market and focused on handhelds though.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3blitz_0623Posted 1/9/2014 12:07:48 PM
Indifferent
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#4FaytalChaosPosted 1/9/2014 12:09:44 PM
I would LOVE to see Nintendo stop making consoles and just make titles for the other two companies..

I would hate for the other two companies to disappear
#5MRL3G3NDPosted 1/9/2014 12:10:30 PM
Nintendo would drop off... then the rest of the world can enjoy Mario again...on a superior system again!

Sony Drop off... all we want is naughty Dog...they have nothing else

MS Drop off- I think we would get a real Gears Halo and Forza, then everyone would understand the hype.
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#6KingCafePosted 1/9/2014 12:10:41 PM
Nintendo: They can make good handhelds, so I would lament that but most of their games created in house suck so I would mostly just miss support for my 3DS

Sony: Right now Sony might have one the battle but not the war, however lets not kid ourselves because Sony will probably win the war too. I doubt they will go out of business but even if they did I'm sure someone competent would come along to buy the playstation brand.

MS: I would feel nothing because there is not a single MS exclusive I care about.
#7Dannyson97(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 12:12:58 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Nintendo would drop off... then the rest of the world can enjoy Mario again...on a superior system again!

Sony Drop off... all we want is naughty Dog...they have nothing else

MS Drop off- I think we would get a real Gears Halo and Forza, then everyone would understand the hype.

I said drop of out gaming. In other words not going 3rd party, any IP of a company go too.
---
3DO appreciation month!
#8TrickyPonyPosted 1/9/2014 12:14:43 PM
I prefer the Xbox currently so I'd miss MS the most, but I would feel bad seeing either Sony or Nintendo going down. At some point in my life I had a LOT of fun with those companies and their consoles and games, I'd hate for another gamer in a different time in their life to miss out on that experience.

Still there would be some excitement, you know someone would come out with a console to replace it, who would it be Apple? Steam? The return of Sega? Pretty cool whatif's
#9DjnarduPosted 1/9/2014 12:15:55 PM
I'd care more about Nintendo on the software side then hardware.

If they decided to drop making hardware and just make games I'd be ok with that.

In terms of a company being wiped off the map..

I'd probably have to choose MS.

The only game that I care about that they have exclusive to them is Halo. I like fable but the last two have been "meh".

Sony has more IPs that I care about.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#10Dannyson97(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 12:18:06 PM
Djnardu posted...
I'd care more about Nintendo on the software side then hardware.

If they decided to drop making hardware and just make games I'd be ok with that.

In terms of a company being wiped off the map..

I'd probably have to choose MS.

The only game that I care about that they have exclusive to them is Halo. I like fable but the last two have been "meh".

Sony has more IPs that I care about.

I asked how would you feel if each company just dropped out of gaming completely. Not who you wanted dead.
---
3DO appreciation month!