Painkiller dev's new shooter "Get Even" promises "photo-realistic" visuals

#1skermacPosted 1/9/2014 4:07:20 PM
This is totally awesome!

Polish developer The Farm 51 (Painkiller: Hell & Damnation) today announced a new shooter called Get Even for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game aims to blur the line between single- and multiplayer and offer "photo-realistic" visuals.

Get Even's story focuses on the memories of its main heroes. These memories will have a "dramatic" effect on how the game plays out, and the decisions players make on their journey will determine their personality, Farm 51 said.

When a player begins a single-player mission, others can join the quest as enemy players. This means players will never know if their foes are humans or NPCs, Farm 51 said, which should heighten the feeling of suspense.

Get Even will also boast photo-realistic visuals thanks to a new 3D scanning technology called Thorskan that incorporates "advanced lighting effects" to create compelling visuals. You can see a demonstration of what this technology is capable in this YouTube video.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-xbox-one-and-ps4-shooter-aims-to-blur-line-between-single-and-multiplayer/1100-6417009/
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Laylow12Posted 1/9/2014 9:03:10 PM
Nice find Skermac . I wonder how close we will get to this on the PS4 and XBONE. I think realistic graphics like this aren't going to hit the consoles this time around but you never know until we get the games to prove or disprove it. It's nice to see whats ahead for us at some point.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3Bikes-Posted 1/9/2014 9:07:07 PM
Doesn't really look photo realistic, but looks nice and the mix of pvp and pve is a interesting idea.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 9:17:03 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Nice find Skermac . I wonder how close we will get to this on the PS4 and XBONE. I think realistic graphics like this aren't going to hit the consoles this time around but you never know until we get the games to prove or disprove it. It's nice to see whats ahead for us at some point.

That new technology seems to make it look better than anything I've seen. I just hopr the gameplay is just as good. If so it will be a huge hit I think.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#5mokmuudPosted 1/9/2014 9:23:21 PM
Oh boy another shooter.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#6GothmogzPosted 1/9/2014 10:26:31 PM
Its flat scanning I think it will be like rage where you cant destruct environment, etc see that in the teaser they dont show faces as usually faces are harder to do when you just do flat scanning.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#7HiddenRoarPosted 1/9/2014 10:37:52 PM
Oh look, another Graphics > Gameplay horse-pie
#8staticxtreme5Posted 1/9/2014 11:04:07 PM
I don't know if they can actually do what they are saying they can, but I'm interested. The visuals in that video were incredible.

Thanks for the info TC, its nice to see a real topic on this board, they are becoming more and more rare these days.
#9JK8289Posted 1/10/2014 12:23:26 AM
I hope it turns out as they say.
---
GT: KillerIsHere828
#10Devil_wings00Posted 1/10/2014 12:53:58 AM
Hopefully this isn't another case of what forza did. Have press shots of the game running on PC's with 780ti's and when the real game launches it looks markedly worse then the press shots/demo's shown.

One of the downsides of having PC hardware under the hood of the next gen consoles. It will be easier then ever to fake games looking better and playing smoother at trade shows vs. the actual real product consumers will get.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz
GTX 580 SLI