TITANFALL maps can hold 48 competitors including A.I & Titans

#11Foxx3kPosted 1/9/2014 8:46:14 PM
Killzone: Shadow Fall made a similar claim. Something along the lines of "It's 6v6, but everybody could have a drone, so that's really like 12v12!"

It's a nice thought, sure, but in practice ... it's 6v6.

I've said it before and I'll reiterate it - Respawn is giving off a lot of impressions of poor vision. First they said "6v6 is what is the best for the game," which is great. But then it was like "But you have titans so it's kind of 12v12!", which, okay, stop trying to justify it ... And now "Actually, there's AI too, so it's 24v24!" Great ... you're coming across desperate and that is not inspiring confidence.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12userfrigginamePosted 1/9/2014 8:46:27 PM
That's good, but ppl play online multiplayer to play with other ppl competitively. You might as well just play offline with bots only (which I wouldn't actually mind).
#13xtacbPosted 1/9/2014 8:47:07 PM(edited)
so 75% of the units we encounter in the battle will be bots

cool

---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#14BeefEasterPosted 1/9/2014 9:25:10 PM
titanfall dev: "the max player count is 12"

MS fanboy: "good, I prefer smaller scale battles"

*couple days later*

titanfall dev: "48 total competitors including A.I."

same MS fanboy: "good, I prefer larger scale battles"
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#15KcrackPosted 1/9/2014 9:33:47 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Killzone: Shadow Fall made a similar claim. Something along the lines of "It's 6v6, but everybody could have a drone, so that's really like 12v12!"

I've said it before and I'll reiterate it - Respawn is giving off a lot of impressions of poor vision. First they said "6v6 is what is the best for the game," which is great. But then it was like "But you have titans so it's kind of 12v12!", which, okay, stop trying to justify it ... And now "Actually, there's AI too, so it's 24v24!" Great ... you're coming across desperate and that is not inspiring confidence.

KZ is 12v12 humans. That's without bots, while also running at 60fps and 1080p. TF is 6v6 and is struggling to meet 720p.
#16ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/9/2014 9:47:41 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
The cannon fodder aspect doesn't sound promising.

The AI-controlled soldiers will serve as both easier meat for less-experienced players who may find it difficult to compete against other human players and assist in providing a narrative to the game, which doesn’t feature a single-player component.

I was wondering what the AIs would do, but that's not what I was hoping for. I don't want easy kills. If I wanted that I'd play a single player game.

This^

I'm not happy with this news. The AI aspect as a whole just seems annoying. If they're not easy, they're unnaturally hard. There is no human effort for AI. If you crank up the difficulty, they just turn into laser-shooting robots, and if you turn the difficulty down, they barely shoot and just stay in cover.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#17xtacbPosted 1/9/2014 9:55:03 PM
Kcrack posted...
Foxx3k posted...

KZ is 12v12 humans. That's without bots, while also running at 60fps and 1080p. TF is 6v6 and is struggling to meet 720p.

but Titanfall has mechs

everyone likes Mechs
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#18ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/9/2014 10:45:46 PM
Do people not realize the shooter bro mentality. The majority of the cod players are try hard campers.

I can already see them camping bots till they get a titan to fall lol. This is not even funny anymore. Whose idea was this? That's why we dont want both in a competitive game.I rather lose knowing we got bested not by the other team killing a brainless not.

Judging by the role of the bots, they're just there for noobs to snack on
---
Tro9ooooooololololllllooooooooo999lllolololololollllllolllololololo zomggggtrrolllzzzz help me!!! I'm too immature to ignore trollZzzzz
#19Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/9/2014 10:53:24 PM
why not less AI and more players? they should at least make it 12v12 that way you have half people and half AI
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#20WeirdShroomPosted 1/9/2014 10:56:38 PM
“If you’re making a game and you’re making decisions that’s not based on fun because you’re trying to please someone or trying to match numbers, you’re not doing the right thing.”

“Why not make Call of Duty 256 players, or Battlefield 256 or 512? Maybe that would be awesome. Maybe that would be awesome for that type of game built around that, but you can’t just jam players into a game and say this is what is ordained.”

Does anything else need to be said? Shut it, haters.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!"