Bot wars? 75% of units in Titanfall battles will be bots (AI controlled)

#81theshovellerPosted 1/10/2014 11:54:50 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
theshoveller posted...
aray48 posted...
Because that is not what the maps and gameplay were designed for. I swear no one here understands this concept.

please do tell...

You know how a two-bedroom apartment might be designed for two-three people to live in comfortably, but there's always that family that tries to pack 9 or 10 people into that apartment, not for a visit or anything, but actually living in that small a space?

It's kind of like that, only with guns, and explosions, and less dirty diapers.

not really. if you had more players less AI you could still have the same amount of characters in the game at one point. the only difference is your playing against controlled characters. it would be no more crowded with more players

........ It was meant to be a joke. Did it at least paint a funny mental picture for you?
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#82Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/10/2014 11:56:30 AM
theshoveller posted...
theshoveller posted...
aray48 posted...
Because that is not what the maps and gameplay were designed for. I swear no one here understands this concept.

please do tell...

You know how a two-bedroom apartment might be designed for two-three people to live in comfortably, but there's always that family that tries to pack 9 or 10 people into that apartment, not for a visit or anything, but actually living in that small a space?

It's kind of like that, only with guns, and explosions, and less dirty diapers.

not really. if you had more players less AI you could still have the same amount of characters in the game at one point. the only difference is your playing against controlled characters. it would be no more crowded with more players

........ It was meant to be a joke. Did it at least paint a funny mental picture for you?

i do like thinking about dirty diapers
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#83ejay8320Posted 1/10/2014 11:58:17 AM
aray48 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
So why don't they just allow more than 12 players and remove bots, since 6v6 was for "Balance"?

It's like TF2, the second a single bot is in a server, everyone just leaves.

I think no one knows what type of game Titanfall is... Is it a competitive shooter or something else. As a competitive shooter having bots in the game is generally detrimental.

Have the devs clarified the direction they want go with the game. Simply saying its designed for 6v6 doesn't say much about the game(objectives of each round/match). The only style of game with a similar structure are MOBA games.
#84MRL3G3NDPosted 1/10/2014 12:16:35 PM
This thing is destined to fail BIG

I want to see it win...knowing the backstory and all smh

but just as he can say 256 players is not fun we can say 12 players is not fun... there shoul dbe a choice given...

my guess is that...

A. It's a console port
B. The maps are too small for bigger numbers
C. The One can't handle it....

whatever...but I know this better be hassle free when I bring it home... if its a online multiplayer game, and we can't get on day one I'm taking it right back

tired of this garbage... they need to stop false advertising, and selling crap that just plain ole doesn't work...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#85darkshadowmasterPosted 1/10/2014 12:20:31 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

B. The maps are too small for bigger numbers

I think the question that people are having is if the maps are too small for that many players then why are they putting in bots. If bots fit then players fit.

Honestly 6v6 is fine with me but don't tell me that it won't fit more than 6v6 when you have 6 more bots on each side making it 12v12 *just making up numbers*. That just doesn't make any sense.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#86SixStringHeroPosted 1/10/2014 12:34:59 PM
Saw someone mention something about this game running off of a 10 year old engine.

Don't tell me this game is running off the Quake III engine...
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#87Bikes-Posted 1/10/2014 12:36:03 PM
SixStringHero posted...
Saw someone mention something about this game running off of a 10 year old engine.

It uses source, which gets updated fairly frequently still. Although source 2 is supposedly right around the corner.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#88SixStringHeroPosted 1/10/2014 12:44:02 PM
Bikes- posted...
SixStringHero posted...

It uses source, which gets updated fairly frequently still. Although source 2 is supposedly right around the corner.

So the Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead and Vampire: The Masquerade engine?

That's a step up from Quake III at least.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#89AzaneAzerPosted 1/10/2014 1:53:13 PM(edited)
aray48 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
So why don't they just allow more than 12 players and remove bots, since 6v6 was for "Balance"?

Explain how the maps are designed for 24v24 with bots but not 6v6 with players?

I still don't understand this, why its a technical issue.

6v6 and balancing places it towards a dude-bro overly competitive nerdrage fest
bots place it towards lalalala casual land
no direction means it's not going to hve staying power, having both of those options separate makes it a game that can appeal to both sides (sort of how CS has casual and competitive modes)
#90aray48Posted 1/10/2014 4:03:49 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
aray48 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

Explain how the maps are designed for 24v24 with bots but not 6v6 with players?

I still don't understand this, why its a technical issue.

6v6 and balancing places it towards a dude-bro overly competitive nerdrage fest
bots place it towards lalalala casual land
no direction means it's not going to hve staying power, having both of those options separate makes it a game that can appeal to both sides (sort of how CS has casual and competitive modes)

Once again, I will bring up MOBAs as an example. While we do not know the bots' full roles yet or how they play, think about it as if it were Dota 2. That would be like saying every creep in the game should be a player. Well, that is stupid.

Here, just watch this because I don't know how else I can explain things to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8I85ifC4DM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUR1wCXM9e7NshYfonwa5BAg