Is Kinect functionality better for gaming this gen?

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 1/10/2014 1:44:02 PM
It's certainly a step in the right direction, but I'll withhold judgment until I play Kinect Sports.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 8:56:01 PM
rusty12000 posted...
After using almost exclusively Mouse and keyboard the second half of last gen, it is kind of hard to go back to a controller. It's just not as accurate as a mouse but a controller is a lot more accurate then kinect. Then add the time delay for me it just gets frustrating for me. And I am not talking just kinect, the sony eye and the wii bar thing is just as bad.

On a positive note, kinect and 3d tvs could be a step in the direction of interaction with holograms. That could be cool...

The Kinect has a delay?
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#131Phire1Posted 1/10/2014 9:00:33 PM
The Kinect's potential has yet to be maximized. I don't know why people insist on "voting" their premature and incomplete opinions on these matters.

There's a good chance most of the nerds in the console-sphere don't exercise, but if they ever accidentally stumbled upon the X-Box Fitness app, they'd notice that the Kinect can actually track your heartbeat.

If that's possible, think about the implications for horror, suspense, action, adventure, and any other genre or game that could utilize that information... the gamer's actual real life state of mind... the Kinect is a fine piece of technology and we have yet to even scratch the surface of its potential.

It all depends on whether the game devs decide to go the extra mile and do it.
#14TenzhiPosted 1/10/2014 10:49:15 PM
Motion and voice control are terrible for gaming. And having the Kinect monitor ambient sounds or your physiology to use in a game is generally worse. Getting dog-piled by zombies because the phone rings or somebody knocks on the door, for instance, is asinine. As would be affecting one's character in-game because the player's heart rate jumped when Mr. Pufflenips randomly decided to ambush their feet.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#15TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 4:15:48 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Motion and voice control are terrible for gaming. And having the Kinect monitor ambient sounds or your physiology to use in a game is generally worse. Getting dog-piled by zombies because the phone rings or somebody knocks on the door, for instance, is asinine. As would be affecting one's character in-game because the player's heart rate jumped when Mr. Pufflenips randomly decided to ambush their feet.

Mr. Pufflenips?
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#16TenzhiPosted 1/12/2014 4:25:35 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Mr. Pufflenips?

That's my go-to name for a miscellaneous cat.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.