Tomb Raider Definitive Edition... NEXT GEN'd!!?........ Umm NO!

#1BigSnappaXPosted 1/10/2014 7:23:34 AM
Kudos for the bump in graphics and for achieving nice looking hair strands on the game's model.... but at heart this game is clearly a last generation game, and the trailer proves just that... Shame on them for trying to sell this game as a next gen game @ full price... Nothing of this game screams next gen... *disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKuYhe1PWr8
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
#2LapanuiPosted 1/10/2014 7:26:19 AM
I didn't played TR on last gen consoles, I will now get it for my X1, but not on launch. Will wait for a price drop.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3lostoutlawnbPosted 1/10/2014 7:28:11 AM
Stop crying. If you don't like, it don't buy it.
#4LapanuiPosted 1/10/2014 7:30:07 AM
lostoutlawnb posted...
Stop crying. If you don't like, it don't buy it.

Don't tell people they have options besides actually buying it. This will break people.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#5WeirdShroomPosted 1/10/2014 7:30:36 AM
The hair says next gen. Look at it, how it sways ever so gently in 1080p in a way that neither last gen console could do.

I'd do that hair. I' d wrap that ponytail around my.....hng, what was I saying?
---
GT: BxB402 - "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!"
#6TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/10/2014 7:45:04 AM
Let the next gen milking begin! Didn't even take 6 months!

Cool looking trailer though. I'll buy it when the price drops too since I haven't played Tomb Raider in over a decade.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#7Winged_MasamunePosted 1/10/2014 7:52:30 AM
Stop complaining ..... You need something else to do on your XTV right?
#8BadLuckIncPosted 1/10/2014 7:55:25 AM
Lapanui posted...
I didn't played TR on last gen consoles, I will now get it for my X1, but not on launch. Will wait for a price drop.

GameFly for games like this. I love their service =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Unleash The Ultra Beast!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#9shootsmackPosted 1/10/2014 7:57:28 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
The hair says next gen. Look at it, how it sways ever so gently in 1080p in a way that neither last gen console could do.

I'd do that hair. I' d wrap that ponytail around my.....hng, what was I saying?

I thought the Xbox only does 720p???

You better stop telling fibs.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#10Juzten76Posted 1/10/2014 8:11:53 AM
BigSnappaX posted...
Kudos for the bump in graphics and for achieving nice looking hair strands on the game's model.... but at heart this game is clearly a last generation game, and the trailer proves just that... Shame on them for trying to sell this game as a next gen game @ full price... Nothing of this game screams next gen... *disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKuYhe1PWr8

What should they do to make it "next-gen"? I have to laugh when people say a game isn't "next-gen" as if it has to have some magical features. The funny thing is that when I played this game on the 360 for the first time, I was thinking how much it felt and looked like a next gen game. Glad to see that's it's finally getting the full on next-gen treatment. The best part is that if you aren't interested, you don't have to buy it! Isn't it great how we have choices in life?