why do they say real control d-pad?

#1troyboy81Posted 1/10/2014 1:14:09 PM
when it's still just one big hunk of useless plastic and not 4 REAL buttons like on ps3 and ps4. i remeber trying to play pac man on my 360 and pacs would just stop moving all the time from it thinking i was pressing up and left or right at the same time when i wasn't. you have no problem with this on ps3 and ps4 as they are all different buttons and not locked together.
---
GameFAQs aka ComplaintFAQs aka TrollFAQs
#2krystylaPosted 1/10/2014 1:18:32 PM
Isn't it one piece on PS3 as well just partly beneath the casing? At least they move when their opposites are pushed
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#3Not_ShippyPosted 1/10/2014 1:19:14 PM
troyboy81 posted...
when it's still just one big hunk of useless plastic and not 4 REAL buttons like on ps3 and ps4. i remeber trying to play pac man on my 360 and pacs would just stop moving all the time from it thinking i was pressing up and left or right at the same time when i wasn't. you have no problem with this on ps3 and ps4 as they are all different buttons and not locked together.

I can tell you haven't even picked up an Xbox One controller if you're talking about your experience with the 360 controller. While the d-pad for the 360 was a hunk of junk that made me switch to the wrong weapon in Gears of War multiple times, I haven't had such a problem with the One controller this time around.

When I use potions in Ryse in gladiator mode it responds just fine, left and right side. I don't end up drinking health potions when I don't want to, same with focus potions.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:0476-9471-9375
Xbox Live GT:ShippouX411X
#4troyboy81(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 1:21:58 PM
well thats good that they fixed it. that was one of the things i hated most about that controller and the fact that it is too damn big and takes AA batteries LOL
---
#5troyboy81(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 1:23:23 PM
also the fact that you had to buy the controller 50 bucks and if you didn't want to buy batteries you had to spent even more money to get the charger. ps3 came with the charger for FREE
---
#6darkshadowmasterPosted 1/10/2014 1:24:50 PM
I'm completely fine with having to use batteries & actually prefer it.

That D-pad is awful though, not as bad as the 360 D-pad but still ****.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#7suicide machinePosted 1/10/2014 1:34:01 PM(edited)
yea, better than the 360, but still pretty bad. I just want to be able to do a dragon punch on a dpad, like in the old school days!
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#8troyboy81(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 1:32:48 PM
but you can't. and that is sad. how did they f*ck up on a D-pad? you cant even't do simple street fighter 2 moves on the damn thing
---
#9RatedAOPosted 1/10/2014 1:41:50 PM
I don't understand the complaints for the d-pad. I play Killer Instinct just fine with the regular X1 controller and I have about 120 wins and 13 losses. I can pull of uppercuts like nothing. Same with the 360 controller, I played SSFIV with no problems at all.
---
Go home and be a family man!
#10PutHaggarInSFPosted 1/10/2014 1:44:25 PM
I have no problems pulling off special move inputs in Killer Instinct
---
http://i.imgur.com/Venml45.gif
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided