So why exactly did we wait 7 years for a brand new console just to..

#21OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/10/2014 6:31:36 PM
Because developers know that if someone bought an xbone in the first place (despite all the stuff MS tried to pull over on them) that that person will swallow anything they put out, good or bad. Why should they bother? It is probably a lot easier to just do 720p.

I mean, when nintendo of all people is putting out games in a higher resolution... you know something is up. XD
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#22richboy900Posted 1/10/2014 6:43:44 PM
If you want high resolution/graphics, get a pc. Or the steam machine. Those will be pretty powerful, well more so that an Xbox one or ps4.

But yeah, I kinda agree. I wish Ms created a beast like the original Xbox was in its day. With the state Sony is in, it was stupid not to.
#23aj4x94Posted 1/10/2014 6:45:36 PM
Where is that Antonio Banderas gif with the jam when you need it....
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#24cheezedadadaPosted 1/10/2014 6:47:28 PM
TC pretty much hates everything.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68305804

Complaining about some early launch window multiplats being 720p and having to wait a few months to play retail games on the PS4? is this your first console launch?
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#25DojoMaxPosted 1/10/2014 7:22:56 PM
ToucheAmore posted...
krystyla posted...
Are you going to deny that some games are native 1080p current gen?

How many non-indie games are native 1080p? My point is last gen I didn't care as much because it was the first generation experimenting with HD gaming, this gen there is no excuse for 720p native resolutions. We already have 4k TVs this is pathetic tbh

Forza 5. Peggle 2. NBA2K. Madden. Fifa. Tomb Raider. Thief.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#26DaMan1900Posted 1/10/2014 7:48:14 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
Blame it on the developers.

the devs are only partly to blame most of the blame goes to MS. MS produced an under powered media box and there isnt anything anyone can do about it. if you bought an xb1 without doing some research into the machine then its your fault that you are not satisfied...

as to the comments about people bringing up wiiu games in 1080p xD lets see the wiiu run DR3 anywhere close to the xb1 or killzone shadowfall anywhere as good as the ps4.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#27cheezedadadaPosted 1/10/2014 7:50:53 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Blame it on the developers.

the devs are only partly to blame most of the blame goes to MS. MS produced an under powered media box and there isnt anything anyone can do about it. if you bought an xb1 without doing some research into the machine then its your fault that you are not satisfied...

as to the comments about people bringing up wiiu games in 1080p xD lets see the wiiu run DR3 anywhere close to the xb1 or killzone shadowfall anywhere as good as the ps4.

Naw, several developers have already been quoted as saying they just need to learn the ins and outs of the Xbox One. I can link you to a few of them if you want. No one thinks its an under powered media box outside of those who never used it.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#28DaMan1900Posted 1/10/2014 7:51:12 PM
ToucheAmore posted...
krystyla posted...
Are you going to deny that some games are native 1080p current gen?

How many non-indie games are native 1080p? My point is last gen I didn't care as much because it was the first generation experimenting with HD gaming, this gen there is no excuse for 720p native resolutions. We already have 4k TVs this is pathetic tbh

4k tvs are out but the content isnt...pcs still cant do 4k properly. if you want all games in 1080p you should invest in a gaming pc and stop ******** about the limitations of $400 - $500 machines.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#29Ryan-06Posted 1/10/2014 7:51:35 PM
ToucheAmore posted...
Get games only capable of the exact same 720p resolutions as its predecessor? I bought a brand new 1080p LED 60" just for X1 and now I'm stuck with a TV that can't even utilize its full potential

Should've got PS4.
---
0=Rei=Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/i62zCjRBqSbrb.gif, bit.ly/1jRVFZA
#30Masterchief5525Posted 1/10/2014 7:55:45 PM
ToucheAmore posted...
bessy67 posted...
Wii U Donkey Kong is 1080p. Ryse is 900p. Only a complete idiot would say Donkey Kong looks better than Ryse. Please stop with this whole "resolution is the only thing that matters to graphical fidelity" nonsense.

But that's not the point.. Why, in 2013/2014, SEVEN years later are we not seeing games in 1080p, which was a standard when last-gen consoles launched..

Most retail games last gen ran sub 720p and were upscaled. Learn some facts.
---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A