Which system got more hate? PS3 or Xbox One?

#1aj4x94Posted 1/10/2014 5:46:48 PM
Both systems earned tons of flak from the gaming community for different(and justified reasons) when they were first announced.

PS3:
-No games
-599 US Dollars
-No rumble
-Seriously, no games
-Poor multiplatform titles

Xbox One:
-DRM
-Mandatory Kinect
-499 US Dollars
-No games
-No backwards compatibility

Which one got more hate?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#2OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/10/2014 5:51:13 PM
The xbone easily. The ps3 may have gotten flack for not having a great library till late in its life, but it never got so much vehement hate thrown at it. A lot of people, including myself, consider the xbone to be a joke. :v
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#3monkeyluv101Posted 1/10/2014 5:53:07 PM
X1 hands down, I mean look at this board. I was more of a GT forum poster during the months leading up to the ps3 launch and it was nothing like this. Maybe gamefaqs was bad during that time, but all around I'm seeing much more hate for X1.
#43HPPosted 1/10/2014 5:54:22 PM
Anyone who says XB1 is too young to remember the PS3 launch or they didn't actually own a PS3 so they didn't pay attention to all the hate/trolling.
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/10/2014 5:55:11 PM
Xbone because its success breeds more hate...which breeds success.

PS3 was more boredom than hate.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#6aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 5:57:15 PM
I'm just wondering, because it took the PS3 at least two years to finally get some good games for it, and while Microsoft axed most of the hated plans for the XB1, it's still not doing as well as it should.

360 easily eclipsed the other two consoles for the first few years of the 7th gen until Microsoft got too comfortable and decided to try and reel in the casuals with Kinect, and the rest is history.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#7OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/10/2014 6:03:28 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

If hate is breed by success, then why did people hate the xbone even before it came out? :v
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#8NSGraphitePosted 1/10/2014 6:05:04 PM
The Xbone, for sure.

PS3 got a lot of hate from the fans, but the gaming media stayed cautiously neutral for the most part (even if they began to lean heavily Xbox). The Xbone got lambasted by both fans AND the gaming media. It was brutal.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#9ILikeGamesManPosted 1/10/2014 6:07:24 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

If hate is breed by success, then why did people hate the xbone even before it came out? :v

That's easy. Because its "cool" to hate the X1 right now. Some people might have legitimate reasons, but a large majority are only doing it because its cool. My pro-sony friend used to trash the X1 all the time before playing it and he would spout all the same garbage you hear from people here. He played Dead Rising 3 and ended up admitting he liked it and felt bad about hating something before trying it.

I think I have said that story a couple of times here now, but it really proves that some people just do whatever other people are doing. The guy actually went to go out to the store to get a hockey game and I had to tell him he should do his research since neither console has a hockey game yet. So this guy had enough knowledge to hate the X1 because it's cool to do so, but didnt have enough knowledge to even know which games were out. No research, just blind hatred.
#10HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/10/2014 6:07:29 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Destined for success.

look at anything successful. Wii. Kinect. CoD. Bill Gates. Activision. James Camerons Titanic. Iphones. Wii Fit. Disease.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg