I'm starting to like the kinect for movie watching

#1Rome218Posted 1/10/2014 6:52:19 PM
Not saying it justifies 100 dollars, but not needing a remote for movie watching is awesome. I can just get up and tell it to pause it and not have to worry about using a controller or anything any more. You can do FF(repeat command to get it faster) and every other thing.

The interface feels all futuristic when you learn to use the verbal commands. It still does have the most to offer in gaming as well, and I feel kind of elite in owning one. ^_^ The jealousy in this board is like nothing I have seen, the mods cannot even control it.
#2TBONE_OGPosted 1/10/2014 6:54:22 PM
Kinect is just great for using the whole system.

DR3 and Ryse use the Kinect quite nicely.
---
Always O.G.
#3WhiteAngel50Posted 1/10/2014 6:55:26 PM
I agree. I love it when using netflix. The only thing I can't do are the hand gestures. Like it can't recognize my hands at all
---
Let me love you!
#42ndAtomiskPosted 1/10/2014 7:01:48 PM
Same here TC. It was pretty cool once I found out you could do that.

TBONE_OG posted...

DR3 and Ryse use the Kinect quite nicely.

The only thing I don't like about using it in DR3 is that it never seems to hear me during boss fights. It works fine on the main menu where you can say "Story Mode" and all that. Even saying "Come over here" to lure zombies works. But those boss fight quotes that you can say don't seem to work most of the time. Like against the Lust Psycho you can say "That's kinky" and then you get the grab option. I have to raise my voice and lean closer for it to register those.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#5HiddenRoarPosted 1/10/2014 7:03:06 PM
TBONE_OG posted...

lol. Didn't you just say the Kinect isn't a remote.

Lulz
#6MetaIGearRexPosted 1/10/2014 7:16:06 PM
Kinect and Netflix go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#7MicropolisPosted 1/10/2014 7:39:02 PM
I like the Kinect as my remote and it is easily worth a hundred in that regard.
#8MetaIGearRexPosted 1/10/2014 7:48:18 PM
Micropolis posted...
I like the Kinect as my remote and it is easily worth a hundred in that regard.

I agree.

Its basically a hands free universal remote and those start at 100$ and go way up from there.
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#92ndAtomiskPosted 1/10/2014 7:52:22 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

Lulz

Saw that topic. He said he'll be worried when a console ships with a media remote instead of a controller. Xbox One most definitely ships with a controller.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#10HiddenRoarPosted 1/10/2014 7:53:55 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

Lulz

Saw that topic. He said he'll be worried when a console ships with a media remote instead of a controller. Xbox One most definitely ships with a controller.

And a media remote.

The Kinect.