To all the PS Fanboys and Trolls, Lets clear this up. Xbox One DOES do 1080p.

#71deadmarvPosted 1/11/2014 9:22:30 PM
leelee3105 posted...
scamurai posted...
As someone who hates sports games, so what? You will all end up owning smart tvs and subscribing to PlayStation Now. We are getting backwards compatibility on PS4. With the low player count on Titanfall there isn't an incentive to buy an Xbone. I hope it runs well on 360, though.

you know this is an idea they stole from microsoft right? MS will announce their own streaming service soon, and it will be far superior to Sony's. It will also probably be free with Gold

Lol. "Free" with gold. You crack me up.

Knowing my luck ms will probably now do this.
#72Spetsnaz420Posted 1/11/2014 11:56:17 PM
leelee3105 posted...
scamurai posted...
As someone who hates sports games, so what? You will all end up owning smart tvs and subscribing to PlayStation Now. We are getting backwards compatibility on PS4. With the low player count on Titanfall there isn't an incentive to buy an Xbone. I hope it runs well on 360, though.

you know this is an idea they stole from microsoft right? MS will announce their own streaming service soon, and it will be far superior to Sony's. It will also probably be free with Gold

Well aren't you a speculative little fella... Tell me... What kind of source you have to back that one up? I do think MS can and should have a game streaming service but what in the history of MS draws you to the conclusion that it would be free with gold? I mean seriously?
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#73WeirdShroomPosted 1/12/2014 12:00:04 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
scamurai posted...

Well aren't you a speculative little fella... Tell me... What kind of source you have to back that one up? I do think MS can and should have a game streaming service but what in the history of MS draws you to the conclusion that it would be free with gold? I mean seriously?

Maybe that's what Games With Gold will be on X1. Seeing as they don't have much of a backlog to offer as for One games and have been looking for something to compete with PS+.

Azure is generally known to be far better than Gaikai, so it's not like they couldn't do it easily.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!"
#74synsykoPosted 1/12/2014 3:32:51 AM
DevinePunisher posted...
I see what you are getting at, but my point was to prove that it can do 1080p / 60 fps, and I have done so. This is the typical ps4 fanboy's usual insult " it can't do 1080p" well that comment is can cease. And although I respect your opinion, it still is just an opinion for it really and truly comes down to the developers. If they can get their titles to run in 1080p while still maintaining 60fps, and I just don't feel they had enough time before launch. Both consoles seemed kind of rushed. But I suspect down the line all games later this year will be in 1080p / 60 fps (AAA game or not ).

As I mentioned before both the 360 and the PS3 could also display games at 1080p. Capability to do so shouldn't be questioned on either the PS4 or Xbox One. However I don't think all games will run 1080p@60fps if it is not easily attained. While I would hope and pray all blockbuster games(like GTA, COD, BF, Halo and Uncharted) would run 1080p@60fps I don't think that second tier will shoot for that(games like Gears of War, Saints Row, Killzone[although Shadowfall was 1080p@60fps for MP] and Kingdom Hearts) when there profit margins are smaller.

It just comes down to profit based on sale projections. If a game is only going to sell 5 million copies develop for the PC and write a separate launcher for each console. Then optimize for each platform using the .ini files and graphic sliders for the pc. As long as the games run at a stable 30fps with no dips release it and optimize profit and you can launch it on 3 platforms right from the start(barring exclusivity). However for a game that is going to sell 10 to 15 million copies the devs should be willing to spend the extra time to achieve 1080p@60fps.
---
---Writer at Digispun.com