Xbox One / future of games

#1Waren_Posted 1/11/2014 11:27:19 AM
This is a real Topic about the future of gameing in general. I was just watching a video about the Unreal 4 engine. In the video they point out over and over again how the unreal 4 engine is going to allow mobile devices to bridge the gap between high end consoles and pc games. To the point in the near future where it will be hard to tell them apart.

Then i started thinking about the Xone and how its features may have been preplaned to help it compete against a threat posed by this new breed of tablets and othe mobile devices.

Also if tablets are able to compete head on with consoles and pcs do you guys think we will see a shift in our games. There are way more mobile platforms in circulation and the games that are big there (IE: Fruit Ninja and Candy Crush) are not console type games. Would our major devs chose to make games for tablets over console larger market = more money.

longer than i wanted but this is a real topic lol also link to unreal 4 video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkJ5PupShfk
#2krystylaPosted 1/11/2014 11:33:31 AM
The gaming industry is bigger than the movie industry I think it will stay more or less the same
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#3Waren_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 5:43:55 PM
krystyla posted...
The gaming industry is bigger than the movie industry I think it will stay more or less the same

not sure i follow what your saying here or how its related I might be missing something