Are apps / games crashing to dashboard due to the UI or the app / game devs?

#1yay4pachirisuPosted 1/11/2014 4:58:28 PM
Had BF4 (lolcrash) and snapped twitch to crash
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#2Hidan623Posted 1/11/2014 5:04:34 PM
i think it's the app/devs because i believe the dashboarding is just a fail safe so you don't have to restart your console when something goes wrong....also i've played madden, lego, AC black flag, Forza and dead rising for HOURS at a time and never once got dashboarded BF4 and KI were the only games that ever dashboarded me so i would expect it to happen to more games if it was the UI! but everyone mostly seems to have the problem only with BF4 i heard dead rising was doing it before but after that massive patch i haven't heard anything of it since
#3brownmysterPosted 1/11/2014 5:05:36 PM
I think ign had a article where the Xbox games update automatically in the background even while your playing. That there is a bug in the UI that will exit out of your game and dashboard it. When its done Downloading. I've only had it happened to me twice. In cod and Forza
#4richboy900Posted 1/11/2014 5:16:53 PM
As Brownmyster said, id say its the Ui, but at the same time, battlefield 4 is also to blame because it is so broken. Not just on Xbox one either, both PC and ps4 also. My mate lost all his saved data in campaign (ps4).
#5method115Posted 1/11/2014 5:32:50 PM
richboy900 posted...
As Brownmyster said, id say its the Ui, but at the same time, battlefield 4 is also to blame because it is so broken. Not just on Xbox one either, both PC and ps4 also. My mate lost all his saved data in campaign (ps4).

Ps4 online seems to be great now except for rubber banding on the resort level. Haven't tried the campaign since the patches though.
---
PSN: method114