Realistically, when can I expect a kinect-less model?

#101TenzhiPosted 1/15/2014 2:08:59 AM
aszsith posted...
Fair enough. Then you don't want an XBOne. You don't need to keep telling us how much you don't want one though. Just don't buy one since you don't want one. We're all perfectly comfortable with that.

What I don't want is the Kinect. The system works without it, or haven't you heard? Despite the assertions of a few around here, the XBOne doesn't become a useless brick when you can't bark commands at it or gesture your way through menus. And games would often work better without Kinect as long as developers don't arbitrarily penalise controller commands like they apparently have in Ryse.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#102CaIiber345Posted 1/15/2014 2:11:50 AM
Tenzhi posted...
aszsith posted...
Fair enough. Then you don't want an XBOne. You don't need to keep telling us how much you don't want one though. Just don't buy one since you don't want one. We're all perfectly comfortable with that.

*And games would often work better without Kinect as long as developers don't arbitrarily penalise controller commands like they apparently have in Ryse.

Can you elaborate? I am interested in what that means.
---
A GameFAQS Troll attacked for +12 damage!
"It is our destiny...to not have to get jobs." --Lord Vader
#103TBONE_OGPosted 1/15/2014 2:19:41 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Tenzhi posted...
aszsith posted...

*And games would often work better without Kinect as long as developers don't arbitrarily penalise controller commands like they apparently have in Ryse.

I know what he's trying to say which is not correct anyways. I own Ryse so I know.

In Ryse, you'll have some missions or points in the game where you can control archers and whatnot. So either you can use a button to fire arrows or you can say, fire arrows, to the Kinect. If you want to use the button command, you have to hold down a button for a few seconds. Thus making the voice command much faster.

But since I've actually played this game, using the Kinect would be faster regardless. That's one less button you need to push when fighting of tons of barbarians and keeping a sick combo going.

You know... sometimes I can't help but feel happy that MS won't release a kinectless sku. That way, it'll keep people like Tenzhi away. Win win, I say.
---
Always O.G.
#104TenzhiPosted 1/15/2014 2:21:46 AM
CaIiber345 posted...

As I understand it, there are parts where you can issue voice commands to your troops. To do so with a controller you have to hold a button (LB, if I recall correctly) in for significantly longer than it takes to issue a voice command with Kinect (provided it understands you correctly).
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#105TenzhiPosted 1/15/2014 2:27:28 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
You know... sometimes I can't help but feel happy that MS won't release a kinectless sku. That way, it'll keep people like Tenzhi away. Win win, I say.

Hardly. I'll be picking one up as soon as there are more games I want regardless of the Kinect. Given that I prefer co-op games and some of my friends have already acquired the system, I can't exactly avoid it.
---
#106curtlandPosted 1/15/2014 2:29:24 AM
I plan on buying an X1 regardless, but I don't really want or need kinect features like voice commands.

I work nights while my wife is sleeping, so when I have a night off, I play games all night with headphones on. I can't talk to my TV without waking her up, so the voice features would rarely ever get used by me.

I don't want to be at a disadvantage because of this though.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#107EnclavePosted 1/15/2014 2:34:59 AM
If it comes it'll probably be in 2 or 3 years at the earliest.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#1081discobobPosted 1/15/2014 3:55:25 AM
Just my opinion, but at some point I think Microsoft really should release an SKU without Kinect simply because at some point people may have their Xbox die. While I don't mind buying one with the Kinect to start with, I really don't want to buy another Kinect if only my console dies.
#109Madness2012Posted 1/15/2014 7:10:47 AM
They built the hardware around the Kinect,never gonna happen this year.If they did come out
with a X1 without a Kinect they would have to change the whole interface,they won't do that
any time soon......
#110Viper187666Posted 1/15/2014 8:29:12 AM
aszsith posted...

The problem is we still want to play some of the exclusives WITH A GODDAMN CONTROLLER. There's absolutely no legitimate reason we shouldn't have that OPTION. It will happen at some point.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG