Realistically, when can I expect a kinect-less model?

#21TenzhiPosted 1/12/2014 3:43:40 AM
Foxx3k posted...
"Even though I can turn this innocuous feature in Dead Rising 3 off, I am outraged that it exists in the first place!"

Outraged? No. "Annoyed" is more apt. And I don't even like Dead Rising as a series. What annoys me is - in the current environment - that this sort of nonsense is likely to become commonplace, and as it does there will inevitably be instances where it isn't avoidable. It is the creeping stench of bad precedence which offends me.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#22tadmfpolePosted 1/12/2014 3:45:43 AM
Foxx3k posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
A button is more accurate than Kinect. The Kinect was optional for the 360 and it sold fine, now MS wants to cram it down your throat. Kinect is NOT for everyone, and if MS realized that they could have sold more consoles.

If MS realized that gamers want 4K 120FPS video games for free then they would have sold a lot of consoles. Why didn't they just think about what gamers want? If I was in charge of the Xbox, I would have sold so many consoles.

I definitely see how gamers wanting 4K 120FPS games for free is the EXACT same thing as wanting the option to buy the system without a stupid gimmick anchored to it.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#23CaIiber345Posted 1/12/2014 4:12:09 AM
Superman070776 posted...
That stuff is cool, to me. I am glad they aren't backing down on this. The idiot whiners already cost us the Family share plan...I don't want them costing us more. If the Kinect isn't for you, the X1 isn't for you, If you are afraid Big Brother wants to watch you game in your sister's panties, this console isn't for you. There is a cheap, featureless option out there for you to enjoy.

Oh, and BTW, we haven't lost anyone worth missing yet, and I doubt we will. There are plenty of people playing online, and with the vocal whiners jumping ship, the community is better for it.

So because your selfish desires are fulfilled, it's okay. God forbid we don't want Kinect. We are just "idiotic whiners" for wanting a better choice. I love my 360 and wanted to stay with Xbox. I won't, however, pay for a niche gimmick peripheral that I will never use. Why not have a Kinect-less Xbox One, and that way everyone gets something they want?

Oh, I'm sorry, we should just buy PS4, because we are taking up valuable space in your community. You sound just like Don Mattrick. What type of business model involves telling people to stick with another product?

Oh, and since when did insulting people that disagree with us become a thing? I guess people can't handle it when what they believe isn't the popular or only opinion.
---
A GameFAQS Troll attacked for +12 damage!
Heimskr is my life coach.
#24Superman070776Posted 1/12/2014 4:14:55 AM
Tenzhi posted...
JK8289 posted...
I don't understand why you wouldn't want a connect. It's awesome. When they smooth a lot of it out it will be even better. What is it that you don't like?

I can't speak for the OP, but I detest motion and voice controls for gaming in general. Initiating actions with the push of a button is generally superior to a gesture or speech.

I would prefer a Kinect-less bundle to exist even if I have purchased the system before it happens for the simple fact that at that point developers will have to take into account that not everyone has a Kinect and *maybe* they'll think twice about cramming terrible Kinect features into games. Maybe we'd see less nonsense like ambient real-life noise absurdly travelling through the 4th wall to affect gameplay - no getting attacked by zombies just because your phone rings, for instance. Maybe developers would be less likely to arbitrarily penalise using a controller for an action over a voice command because they know that otherwise the controller would be superior - no having to hold in a button for several seconds to issue a command to your troops to make using the Kinect look more attractive, for instance.

And maybe, just maybe, the people in charge of the dashboard UI would realise that the ability to snap instantly to things via voice is no excuse for having a sloppily thrown together interface that's not as convenient to navigate manually as it could/should be.

How many Xbox One games have you played using Kinect? How much time have you spent with the dashboard? I bought the console on Friday and I am having no problems navigating it. Maybe it would be difficult for someone who is a bit...slow? Seems fairly easy to get through for me.

Of course, there will always be people who can't be happy, always a complainer. They whine if things stay the same, they cry when progrss is made. I bet people whined about the NES controller after they had been playing Atari, "Why do we need two buttons?!?!?!". Luckily, it looks like MS is content with their choice, and hopefully they continue to ignore the malcontents.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#25Superman070776Posted 1/12/2014 4:20:21 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
That stuff is cool, to me. I am glad they aren't backing down on this. The idiot whiners already cost us the Family share plan...I don't want them costing us more. If the Kinect isn't for you, the X1 isn't for you, If you are afraid Big Brother wants to watch you game in your sister's panties, this console isn't for you. There is a cheap, featureless option out there for you to enjoy.

Oh, and BTW, we haven't lost anyone worth missing yet, and I doubt we will. There are plenty of people playing online, and with the vocal whiners jumping ship, the community is better for it.

So because your selfish desires are fulfilled, it's okay. God forbid we don't want Kinect. We are just "idiotic whiners" for wanting a better choice. I love my 360 and wanted to stay with Xbox. I won't, however, pay for a niche gimmick peripheral that I will never use. Why not have a Kinect-less Xbox One, and that way everyone gets something they want?

Oh, I'm sorry, we should just buy PS4, because we are taking up valuable space in your community. You sound just like Don Mattrick. What type of business model involves telling people to stick with another product?

Oh, and since when did insulting people that disagree with us become a thing? I guess people can't handle it when what they believe isn't the popular or only opinion.

Mine doesn't have to be the popular opinion...it will still be the way it is. People want to be unhappy about the Kinect when they haven't owned the console...so be angry. Their is another option where you don't have to be sad, and we don't have to hear it. Of course, we do have to hear it because so many Sony fans are here instead of their own boring forum. The console will keep the Kinect, and it will do just fine. Can't win over everyone, but who have we lost? Eh...I haven't had a problem finding people to play against online.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#26TenzhiPosted 1/12/2014 4:41:50 AM
Superman070776 posted...
How many Xbox One games have you played using Kinect?

Given the nature of both motion and voice controls one does not necessarily need specific experience to know that one does not like them. I do not like giving voice commands. Period. Regardless of the device I'm interfacing with at the time. I prefer the economy of movement and precision of a button press to a larger arbitrary gesture. Period. Regardless of the device I'm interfacing with. I do not like it in the house. I would not like it with a mouse. I will not speak or wave my hand. I hate Kinect, dear Superman.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#27nableetPosted 1/12/2014 5:08:02 AM
Superman070776 posted...
MS adds the Kinect to the console as PART of the console because they have faith that once we use it, we will see what the hype is about. Since it is integrated into the system, more developers are going to be able to take a chance and include features, or dedicate better and better gameplay that make use of the Kinect. Maybe a zombie game where if I sneeze while moving close to a horde, they will notice me, or if you cuss when a ref gives you a foul in basketball, you get penalized. That stuff is cool, to me. I am glad they aren't backing down on this. The idiot whiners already cost us the Family share plan...

What financial incentives do developers have to include good Kinect features in games? The 100% attachment rate may give developers that want to release Kinect centric games confidence, but why would multiplatform devs do anymore than the bare minimum with kinect?

Your two examples sound awful. Basically if you game alone in your room you might like the features or maybe a novelty with friends round. Otherwise it sounds useless.

Ah, the idiot whiners - pretty much 90% of online people involved with gaming - cost you the completely unfleshed out family share plan? Sorry that people didn't think the costs of having that completely unfleshed out share plan were worth it. And no, it does not count that they told you some airy fairy story about what it would be, when they had already cancelled it.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#28locksmithblackPosted 1/12/2014 6:10:04 AM
Unkinected model
---
Haters = Motivators
#29jabz84Posted 1/12/2014 6:17:18 AM
heres an article about microsoft selling a kinect-less xbox sometime this year

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/11/a-kinect-less-xbox-one-is-in-the-cards-for-2014.aspx

so it looks like its going to happen
#30mrpicPosted 1/12/2014 6:17:37 AM
never