Realistically, when can I expect a kinect-less model?

#81chaz15425_basicPosted 1/12/2014 9:35:12 PM
Actually if he listens to investors then he will sell xbox brand because thats what microsoft investors want incase you havent been following the news.
#82Laylow12Posted 1/12/2014 9:43:51 PM
chaz15425_basic posted...
Actually if he listens to investors then he will sell xbox brand because thats what microsoft investors want incase you havent been following the news.

Getting the current management team away from the product would be the best thing that could happen to XBOX. The current bunch haven't had their act together in years and continue to launch one unsuccessful product after another. It's amazing that they all continue to be allowed to run the company with such a poor track record.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#831nternationa7Posted 1/12/2014 9:45:18 PM
chaz15425_basic posted...

Regardless, either decision would be good for Microsoft and gamers in general.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#84Superman070776Posted 1/12/2014 10:42:24 PM
othatguy posted...
Silly little fanboys. It will be a lot more than 1 million units. And joining you in anything has never occurred to me. Ever. Don't want to pay for tech I don't want or need. Don't want Microsoft having a camera in my house.I have zero allegiance to any corporation unless they offer me something I want. I don't play online, I don't pay for extra anything and I buy used games. Your pride in being a useful idiot for microsoft astonishes me. I pray you never breed.

Lol, I have four kids. If you don't play online, don't buy DLC to enhance your games, and refuse to buy new games, what use are you to anyone besides GameStop? Maybe since you are obviously against any progress in gaming, you would be just as happy with a Super NES or some other retro system with no real features.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#85Viper187666Posted 1/13/2014 7:55:55 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
I truly believe people so hellbent on bad mouthing and discrediting the Kinect are some of the saddest indivials on the planet. You're a cancer on the gaming industry. Stop it.

To come here and whine about a part of of the Xbox is so laughable... And just plain sad. I don't want to even imagine how pathetic the rest of your life is, but it's really hard not to.

The tech is great, and innovating. NASA is using the kinect to control robots on mars.

Oh and there will never be a kinectless xbox. Just like how the Wii sensor bar is part of the Wii, the kinect is part of the Xbox One.

and I believe the people so hellbent on defending a PERIPHERAL need to get a goddamn clue. They're the cancer. The casual gamers the made the Wii so popular for no reason. The Wii was horrible for real gamers. A stupid remote with tiny buttons and being forced to wave it around to get through menus that COULD work fine with a controller? NO thank you. There's no reason not to offer Xbox without the Kinect. It's not essential to anything but Kinect specific games. For everything else, it's optional. It doesn't have to be plugged in. Therefore, it doesn't have to be in the box. Microsoft refusing to sell without it is like a restaurant serving burgers and refusing to hold the pickles. The burger tastes fine without pickles, but the cook refuses to leave them out. It's ridiculous.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#86othatguyPosted 1/13/2014 8:04:08 AM
Astonishing. Your desire to shill for a corporate monolith is fascinating. Microsoft should be buying you an xbox.but they won't. After a month or so, the ps4 is already 1.2 million units ahead and that s gonna be a lot worse as the year goes by. Sony is also ancorporate monolith but at least they offer me something I want. Which is a game console. Not a Tv enhancer. Not achance to watch more idiotic serial dramas or brain dead sitcoms. I just want some games. To play alone. Away from you Moronic cheerleaders for.Microsoft.
#87Superman070776Posted 1/13/2014 8:08:16 AM
Again with the stupid burger analogy. If I went to the playstation board and started riling everyone up by crying about the touch pad being on the controller, do you think they would take it off? No, because that would be dumb. The people that made the console made it with the parts they wanted on it. If I don't want to play a game using a controller with a touch pad, I won't buy the playstation. If I want to play a game with a motion stick, I'll get a WiiU. I think the features of the X1 are cool, and I haven't had any problems so far. I have made sure to game in my underwear just in case someone in DC wants to get an eyeful. This is how it is...buy the one that fits you.
---
#88Superman070776Posted 1/13/2014 8:13:38 AM
othatguy posted...
Astonishing. Your desire to shill for a corporate monolith is fascinating. Microsoft should be buying you an xbox.but they won't. After a month or so, the ps4 is already 1.2 million units ahead and that s gonna be a lot worse as the year goes by. Sony is also ancorporate monolith but at least they offer me something I want. Which is a game console. Not a Tv enhancer. Not achance to watch more idiotic serial dramas or brain dead sitcoms. I just want some games. To play alone. Away from you Moronic cheerleaders for.Microsoft.

So posting positive things about a console we are enjoying - in a forum for the console we are enjoying is shilling. I guess that is part of being a child today, huh? Hate everything successful, and ride the hate-wagon to the edge of the cliff. Call Of Duty, Microsoft, EA, ect... No real substantial reasons for the disdain, just kids being spiteful.
---
#89TheMuffinPosted 1/13/2014 8:52:45 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Im not buying an XB1 until i see a Kinectless model. As a consumer i don't feel its fair to make me pay for something i don't want, whats wrong with me deciding on my own if i want Kinect?
I buy systems to play games, i don't care about live tv, i don't care about recording, i don't care about voice, and i don't care about motion. I just want to pick up a controller and play a damn game yet they have to make a big production out of a simple task and expect me to pay more money because of it.

Yeah not going to happen ever!

Same. I don't need a Kinect for Halo. The Kinect was worthless for games where it was available as an add in and was almost worthless for games that were designed to directly use the damn thing. And judging from Fighters Within, this new supposedly super accurate 2.0 model is just as crap. All the voice commands it uses could easily be transferred via a headset microphone, but MS refuses to allow that so they can shoehorn the Kinect in as being essential. Until a game comes out where it works flawlessly or <95% of the time that isn't some stupid dance competition or mini game it is worthless to me and therefore not worth owning.

And to the fella who keeps bringing up the PS4 touchpad. That's not a valid comparison. You can't simply remove that from the controller as a customer like you can with the Kinect. The controller was actually designed to use the thing and it's built in. The PS4 has no direct comparison to make because it's not packed in with a peripheral like the Xbox One is.

To answer the original question though, the only true answer is we don't know. I believe it will happen eventually. But it won't happen until the powers that be at MS finally bite the bullet, admit the Kinect is 99% useless and tell consumers they are no longer manufacturing them. It's right up there with their failed HD-DVD drive.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#90crosby655321Posted 1/13/2014 9:23:59 AM
I'm waiting to see if they release a kinectless model as well. Most of the big games this year are still coming out for ps3 and 360. I can wait....

If they don't do it before christmas I'll probably just get a ps4.