Realistically, when can I expect a kinect-less model?

#91kyncaniPosted 1/13/2014 10:26:51 AM
Superman070776 posted...
Again with the stupid burger analogy. If I went to the playstation board and started riling everyone up by crying about the touch pad being on the controller, do you think they would take it off? No, because that would be dumb. The people that made the console made it with the parts they wanted on it. If I don't want to play a game using a controller with a touch pad, I won't buy the playstation. If I want to play a game with a motion stick, I'll get a WiiU. I think the features of the X1 are cool, and I haven't had any problems so far. I have made sure to game in my underwear just in case someone in DC wants to get an eyeful. This is how it is...buy the one that fits you.

True that.

If you don't want to play Kinect games, just get a Wii U or a PS4 instead, like everyone else.
#92ssj954vegitoPosted 1/13/2014 12:17:13 PM
GRU_Commander posted...
nah

---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#93shauntenninePosted 1/13/2014 1:49:12 PM
pwnater777 posted...

If this is true, M$ isn't getting any of my money for that console. I'm willing to buy one, but not with the government camera coming with it.

This..

othatguy posted...
Loved both my xbox and my 360. For most of the last 3 years I played my 360 exclusively. And now I am out. I don't want a kinect and I don't want to betold I'm somehow wrong because I don't enjoy being spied on.

And this...

othatguy posted...
Don't want Microsoft having a camera in my house.

And this.

I also loved both my xbox and 360 but I care more about my rights as a human and an American than to hook up a device that can hear and see everything in the privacy of my house even when the system is off. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves so you guys can say "Xbox on."
#94RybalPosted 1/13/2014 2:27:54 PM
I would be surprised to see one before E3 next year or whenever the "slim" model comes out, if then.

Of all the things that MS has changed about the X1, the Kinect is the one thing that has stayed, despite the added cost to include it.

MS feels that it adds value to the system by streamlining the menu system and hopes to increase the functionality so that you can operate it without thinking - you say something and it reacts in just the way that you are trying to get it to do.

Sure, this can be replicated by a microphone, but MS is also banking on the fact that, if the Kinect is included in every box, developers will be more inclined to use it when designing games.

Also, though this wouldn't necessarily be a benefit to MS, if Kinect functionality is included in new games in a non-intrusive manner, you may see developers adding similar functionality to the PS4 versions using the PS Eye.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#95aszsithPosted 1/13/2014 7:33:59 PM
Microsoft already bowed to the vocalized complaints and changed quite a bit of the original vision of the XBOne. They even reversed their position on Kinect and allowed it to be an "optional" accessory to satisfy those individuals who feared they would be spied on. If they were going to go as far as to release a version without Kinect included, they would have done so initially.

As has been pointed out by several posters, it would seem Microsoft wants to include the Kinect so as to not fragment the user base. You may not like it, and that is okay. The product is not for you.

Personally, I don't care if they come out with a version that doesn't have a Kinect. My only desire would be if they did, that it would still cost $500. After all, the main complaint seems to be having Kinect forced on people, not the price of the console.

"But if it doesn't come with Kinect, it should be $100 less!" people will exclaim. Because in reality, the issue IS the $100 no matter how it is argued.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#96Jiggy101011Posted 1/13/2014 7:45:45 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
A button is more accurate than Kinect. The Kinect was optional for the 360 and it sold fine, now MS wants to cram it down your throat. Kinect is NOT for everyone, and if MS realized that they could have sold more consoles.

Have you tried the new kinect?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#971nternationa7Posted 1/13/2014 7:52:34 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
A button is more accurate than Kinect. The Kinect was optional for the 360 and it sold fine, now MS wants to cram it down your throat. Kinect is NOT for everyone, and if MS realized that they could have sold more consoles.

Have you tried Fighter Within? Such an awesome Kinect fighter that couldn't even recognize all the inputs.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#98RybalPosted 1/14/2014 7:59:46 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Have you tried Fighter Within? Such an awesome Kinect fighter that couldn't even recognize all the inputs.

So of course, the issue is with Kinect and not with the game itself.

Don't the fitness apps currently recognize inputs correctly? If so, it seems like it is more of an issue with the game, rather than the hardware.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#99TenzhiPosted 1/14/2014 10:31:01 PM
Marqmax posted...
Tenzhi posted...
Given the nature of both motion and voice controls one does not necessarily need specific experience to know that one does not like them. I do not like giving voice commands. Period. Regardless of the device I'm interfacing with at the time. I prefer the economy of movement and precision of a button press to a larger arbitrary gesture. Period. Regardless of the device I'm interfacing with. I do not like it in the house. I would not like it with a mouse. I will not speak or wave my hand. I hate Kinect, dear Superman.

So, none.

So, "irrelevant", actually. I have used motion and voice controls before. I do not need to specifically use the Kinect 2.0's motion and voice controls to know I do not like them any more than I need to try a specific sandwich with mayonnaise to decide I don't want mayonnaise on it. Ergo, it is irrelevant whether I've specifically used the Kinect 2.0. Just being in the same room with someone who was using the voice commands with it made me want to snap the thing over my knee. They are annoying.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#100aszsithPosted 1/14/2014 11:01:21 PM
Tenzhi posted...
Marqmax posted...
Tenzhi posted...
Given the nature of both motion and voice controls one does not necessarily need specific experience to know that one does not like them. I do not like giving voice commands. Period. Regardless of the device I'm interfacing with at the time. I prefer the economy of movement and precision of a button press to a larger arbitrary gesture. Period. Regardless of the device I'm interfacing with. I do not like it in the house. I would not like it with a mouse. I will not speak or wave my hand. I hate Kinect, dear Superman.

So, none.

So, "irrelevant", actually. I have used motion and voice controls before. I do not need to specifically use the Kinect 2.0's motion and voice controls to know I do not like them any more than I need to try a specific sandwich with mayonnaise to decide I don't want mayonnaise on it. Ergo, it is irrelevant whether I've specifically used the Kinect 2.0. Just being in the same room with someone who was using the voice commands with it made me want to snap the thing over my knee. They are annoying.

Fair enough. Then you don't want an XBOne. You don't need to keep telling us how much you don't want one though. Just don't buy one since you don't want one. We're all perfectly comfortable with that.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.