What does Kinect do to better your gaming experience?

#1tadmfpolePosted 1/12/2014 4:09:38 AM
I don't see the point. If it is such an essential part of gaming on the Xbox One, what is it doing better than a controller or a headset? Is there a game out or coming anytime this year that just wouldn't be the same without it besides Kinect Sports Rivals?
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#2TheGam3925Posted 1/12/2014 4:13:55 AM
It's laggy and lacks the accuracy that buttons have, it is not essential.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#3NightMareBunnyPosted 1/12/2014 4:20:18 AM
TheGam3925 posted...

i was unaware that the xbox one controller could set everything up instantly without looking at the tv screen...
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#4TheGam3925Posted 1/12/2014 4:26:28 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

i was unaware that the xbox one controller could set everything up instantly without looking at the tv screen...

And this has to do with accuracy, lag and gaming how? Hey everybody, I can start up my video game without looking at my TV, talk about essential.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#5intolaomairPosted 1/12/2014 4:30:04 AM
My kinect is still in the box since day 1. I didn't even bother setting it up.
---
PSN: omairrr
#6NightMareBunnyPosted 1/12/2014 4:31:01 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

And this has to do with accuracy, lag and gaming how? Hey everybody, I can start up my video game without looking at my TV, talk about essential.

I've never once had it act laggy on me for any of the effects it has on the games i own

some of us like getting things up and running asap so yes that is essential

I"m merely talking about starting up a video game i mean everything...Kinect might not affect gaming all that much but it works best at navigating menus and allowing you to do two things at once
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#7TheGam3925Posted 1/12/2014 4:36:31 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

I've never once had it act laggy on me for any of the effects it has on the games i own

I"m merely talking about starting up a video game i mean everything...Kinect might not affect gaming all that much but it works best at navigating menus and allowing you to do two things at once

Read the OP better next time. This topic is about whether or not Kinect is essential to gaming.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#8CyberneticRatPosted 1/12/2014 4:53:20 AM
tadmfpole posted...
I don't see the point. If it is such an essential part of gaming on the Xbox One, what is it doing better than a controller or a headset? Is there a game out or coming anytime this year that just wouldn't be the same without it besides Kinect Sports Rivals?

In Battlefield 4, 'saying next time spawn as engineer' automatically spawns you in as an engineer when you die so that you automatically can get back in the action as fast as possible. You can also use it to look around in vehicles which is particularly helpful during dogfights because usually, you had to let go of the steering to look around and hope you didn't crash into a stray telephone pole or something. You can also lean around corners with more precision and even lean without there being cover.

The way I see it, the Kinect isn't supposed to replace the controller which is why we see more Kinect integration rather than full on Kinect motion games. It's to be a sort of sidekick and I think it does the job well, particularly with games that make use of it like Madden and Battlefield 4.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#9NightMareBunnyPosted 1/12/2014 5:06:58 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Read the OP better next time. This topic is about whether or not Kinect is essential to gaming.

and you said it's laggy which for many of the game features i used it for....didn't come off as such

also you can't control the entire game with kinect 2.0 so I'm not sure why we're even asking this question and comparing it to a controller

it's for navigating menu's and off hand commands

not for operating the games without use of anything else
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#10TheGam3925Posted 1/12/2014 5:41:27 AM
NightMareBunny posted...

and you said it's laggy which for many of the game features i used it for....didn't come off as such

also you can't control the entire game with kinect 2.0 so I'm not sure why we're even asking this question and comparing it to a controller

it's for navigating menu's and off hand commands

not for operating the games without use of anything else

The latency has been reduced from the original Kinect on 360 but is still there. Nobody is saying that the entire game requires Kinect (aside from Kinect only games) The question is, are the Kinect features that were made available in Xbox One games a necessity? This topic has nothing to do with menu navigation, it is about Kinect functionality that was made available for Xbox One games and if it is essential or not.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925