Your reaction: MS make backwards compatibility free on XB1, while Sony charges.

#21BeefEasterPosted 1/12/2014 4:29:48 PM
actually they don't charge for game updates anymore
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#22MasterSword546Posted 1/12/2014 4:30:37 PM
Oh boy now I can play all the Halos and Gears of Wars all over again. /sarcasm

It would be next to pointless for MS to do it as they're catalog of exclusives is so small it's not even worth mentioning.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#23AzaneAzerPosted 1/12/2014 4:39:26 PM(edited)
they charge you to use Netflix on an xboxone, so they're not exactly charity workers;

What's kind of interesting to me, is how the Devs kept saying "it's not possible with the hardware", but all of a sudden it is now that 360 sales died? Rofl.

The big thing about 360 backwards compatability, is that the 360 hardware dies so damn fast that the entire generation will be unplayable until emulation software at some point because there won't be any working 360 consoles around.
#24ZeroCool000111Posted 1/12/2014 4:34:03 PM
i dont see this lasting long. just look how they supported the original xbox on the 360.
---
PSN (PS3,PS4,Vita): GrimReaper4383 - 360,Xbox One: CMaggotbone
The Simpsons Tapped Out: JasonVoorhees987
#25Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 5:34:07 PM
So much hate, why are you Fanboys even on this board?
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#26aszsithPosted 1/12/2014 5:43:31 PM
Realistically, why would Microsoft offer a service for free if their direct competitor is successfully gaining revenue by charging for an equivalent service? The handful of consumers who may buy an XBOne for the service that otherwise may not have would be insufficient to offset the costs associated with maintaining the service that attracted them.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#27GalvatronType_RPosted 1/12/2014 5:50:50 PM
Here is a list of companies which will never be associated with the word "free" and putting these companies in the same sentence as the word "free" is an oxymoron:

EA, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Exxon Mobil, Apple, Bank of America, just about ever cable/premium TV provider, the NFL, etc.

These companies don't even get out of bed in the morning for free. So any notion that any of them would do anything major on the level of allowing legacy games to be played for free is absolutely laughable and anyone who has these thoughts should be immediately drug tested.
#28A_HollowPosted 1/12/2014 6:03:58 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Here is a list of companies which will never be associated with the word "free" and putting these companies in the same sentence as the word "free" is an oxymoron:

EA, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Exxon Mobil, Apple, Bank of America, just about ever cable/premium TV provider, the NFL, etc.

These companies don't even get out of bed in the morning for free. So any notion that any of them would do anything major on the level of allowing legacy games to be played for free is absolutely laughable and anyone who has these thoughts should be immediately drug tested.

I hope Capcom gets bought by EA, that's how bad I hate them for their DLC
#29EnclavePosted 1/12/2014 6:07:56 PM
BeefEaster posted...
actually they don't charge for game updates anymore

Only because Sony stole all indie support from Microsoft by not charging for patches.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#30GalvatronType_RPosted 1/12/2014 6:09:33 PM
A_Hollow posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...

I hope Capcom gets bought by EA, that's how bad I hate them for their DLC

Yeah, EA buying Capcom = all DLC from Capcom becomes "free." Doesn't compute.

Also, EA is where talented developers go to die (Bioware, Criterion, DICE, etc.).