Your reaction: MS make backwards compatibility free on XB1, while Sony charges.

#41PraetorXynPosted 1/12/2014 7:46:21 PM
BeefEaster posted...
MS doing something for free???

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This. If I believed in a hell I'd find a way to check and see if it was cold there.

Snickleseed posted...
the upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 comes to mind

*facepalm* You do realize they've simply switched from the nomenclature "Service Pack X" to 8.X right? They're trying to transition to a yearly release model like Apple has. The problem with that is it's the reason why OS X has barely changed in 10 years.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#42BasilVZeroPosted 1/12/2014 7:50:08 PM
Snickleseed posted...
BeefEaster posted...
MS doing something for free???

the upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 comes to mind

Since when do people pay for updates?
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero
#43PraetorXynPosted 1/12/2014 7:51:14 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
A_Hollow posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
Here is a list of companies which will never be associated with the word "free" and putting these companies in the same sentence as the word "free" is an oxymoron:

EA, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Exxon Mobil, Apple, Bank of America, just about ever cable/premium TV provider, the NFL, etc.

These companies don't even get out of bed in the morning for free. So any notion that any of them would do anything major on the level of allowing legacy games to be played for free is absolutely laughable and anyone who has these thoughts should be immediately drug tested.

I hope Capcom gets bought by EA, that's how bad I hate them for their DLC

Yeah, EA buying Capcom = all DLC from Capcom becomes "free." Doesn't compute.

Also, EA is where talented developers go to die (Bioware, Criterion, DICE, etc.).

>_> That was his point.

He doesn't expect Capcom to get any better, and wants them to be bought by EA so they can die.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#44confusedlexPosted 1/12/2014 7:59:41 PM
Jedi454 posted...
So just because someone says Microsoft don't give out free stuff it must be true. This is a "what if" situation. As for the internet connection speed, not everyone lives in the US where the speed for internet one of the fastest in the world, so not everyone can get backwards compatibility for their PS4.

LOL.....good laugh dude.....fastest in the world.....hilarious.......
#45EnmaDaio2588Posted 1/12/2014 8:02:58 PM
XBone being backwards compatible would likely only effect 360 games...a shame considering all the awesome Xbox Original games I have...I can just save money by plugging in my older Microsoft consoles...or rather I could if they wanted to work correctly...kind of a shame I can play PSX games on a used PSX or a used PS2...Hell, I can play used NES carts on a used NES with fewer issues than trying to play Xbox games on an original Xbox...

short-answer, I'm still not buying into it. Kinect is the deal breaker for me.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#46Fou LuPosted 1/12/2014 8:08:26 PM
I got this thing called an Xbox360 and an Xbox, so that wouldn't matter to me.

As for Sony, I have a PS3, PS2, and PS1, so yeah, their service is pointless to me, and I don't pay for games I already own!
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#47blitz_0623Posted 1/12/2014 8:30:41 PM
TC you mean completely free right? Like not behind Gold or anything. I actually hope MS does this, might lead to Sony making it free too but who knows
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#48EsperValkyriePosted 1/12/2014 8:46:09 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
tycl1959 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
for theirs and makes you have a fast internet connection just to do it.

lets see 5 mps is fast lol I average almost 70 and a lot are faster than that. sony is charging for games[ms has never gave games away] also you can select the cable channels you want and get rid of your cable. ms doesn't carry anything they just give you ads. sony is so far ahead of ms that your head is spinning

xbone board should be renamed board of idiots because of the op.

Most of the country struggles to get above 3mb.

My guess is that he isn't in the US.
---
Currently Playing: Super Mario 3D-World, Wind Waker HD
#49Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 8:49:21 PM
I can see the anger from the responders. They're making personal attacks on Microsoft because they're trying to glorify what Sony did. Teenagers are the funniest people.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#50singhellotakuPosted 1/12/2014 8:50:45 PM
depends, regular backwards compatability requires you to buy the games, psnow lets play games you don't have like netflix streaming, amazon prime, etc. If m$ created such a service for the x1, and it was free, that would be fantastic, granted the xbox library was fairly limited and I own every 360 game that interested me, but still, regular backwards compatability isn't anything that exciting though and providing a lesser product for less cost doesn't mean much to me