Your reaction: MS make backwards compatibility free on XB1, while Sony charges.

#81plus1zeroPosted 1/13/2014 6:18:03 AM
Considering games for gold was their take on PS+, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

It would be nice though.
#82Viet0nePosted 1/13/2014 7:26:58 AM
Rome218 posted...
Also, xbox gold subscribers gets free games. Sleeping Dogs is a great game, I am a little upset because I bought this early November at Gamestop. I believe I paid 30 for it. =/ I am downloading it now so I do not need the disc.

Sure, PSN has a subscription, but it offers TEMPORARY free games.

I can cancel gold, delete the games they have given out, and then redownload them.

Once you own them, you own them. You just have to make sure you download it when it's free, if you miss the window, you can't go back.

The games Sony has been providing for PS+ members is above and beyond anything MS has put up for subscribers.

As far as your other excuse, I'll use the same logic Xbox Owners use. Playstation owners are going to have PS+ anyway so the games are technically owned.

If the excuse that the Live paywall doesn't really exist because people will have Xbox Live anyway, the same logic applies to PS+ games so the gamers will have PS+ anyway so the games are free.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#83RybalPosted 1/13/2014 7:33:56 AM
Why is it that all of the hypothetical situations raised on these boards (X1, PS4, Wii U, etc) are all so unlikely to ever happen? Most of them have less than a 5% chance and that's being exceptionally generous.

However, given that MS requires LIVE Gold to access things like Netflix, Internet Explorer, Skype, and even the TV menu, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if this were to happen.

However, the bigger issue is that, by the time they could get it to work without including 360 hardware in the system itself, backwards compatibility would be essentially irrelevant to more than 95% of gamers because there would be a regular stream of new games coming to the system.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#84tsukia8Posted 1/13/2014 10:26:23 AM
Rybal posted...
However, given that MS requires LIVE Gold to access things like Netflix, Internet Explorer, Skype, and even the TV menu

I knew about netflix but internet browsing as well? Thats pathetic. Glad I never went online with my 360.
#85urmiePosted 1/13/2014 1:03:34 PM
....Or companies can just, you know, double dip on their games and release "ultimate" versions of their games. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate version (on Steam) would be a good candidate.
---
Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the one doing it.
#86TheArcadePosted 1/13/2014 1:04:59 PM
*fires up DOA Ultimate*
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#87TheArcadePosted 1/13/2014 1:05:43 PM
BeefEaster posted...
MS doing something for free???

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This. I love Microsoft but they're money first, free second.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#88USFPosted 1/13/2014 1:10:56 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Your reaction: MS make backwards compatibility free on XB1, while Sony charges.

Hahahahahahaha.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Diablo III: RoS, Hearthstone.