Killer Instinct doesn't seem that demanding...why is it 720p and slow

#51Rome218Posted 1/14/2014 2:02:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#52SigmaLongshotPosted 1/14/2014 2:30:14 AM
When I did my first contract down at Rare in Twycross, one of the senior artists there explained a truly profound thing to me, and I'll paraphrase it here. It was when I asked about resolution and ppf (post-production filtering).

"If the art is great, but drawn on a small sketchpad, it's still great art. If the art is poor, no amount of glitter and sparkle can make it good art. It's about the subject, not the medium; give a poor artist a huge sketchpad and the most expensive graphites and treos, and you'll still get a crap picture in the end."

Simply put, it's what you produce, not how it is displayed, that matters.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#53dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 2:38:43 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
When I did my first contract down at Rare in Twycross, one of the senior artists there explained a truly profound thing to me, and I'll paraphrase it here. It was when I asked about resolution and ppf (post-production filtering).

"If the art is great, but drawn on a small sketchpad, it's still great art. If the art is poor, no amount of glitter and sparkle can make it good art. It's about the subject, not the medium; give a poor artist a huge sketchpad and the most expensive graphites and treos, and you'll still get a crap picture in the end."

It's funny because the art direction in KI also happens to be crap. 90's XXXtreme-ism to its fullest. Even the UI looks low-effort compared to other fighting games like SF4 or GGXrd.
#54EnclavePosted 1/14/2014 2:46:22 AM
You want to know why it's 720p instead of 1080p?

Double Helix. That's why. They're not exactly a stellar developer. Microsoft made a mistake when they contracted them to make Killer Instinct.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#55mcnichojPosted 1/14/2014 2:52:01 AM
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

It's funny because the art direction in KI also happens to be crap. 90's XXXtreme-ism to its fullest. Even the UI looks low-effort compared to other fighting games like SF4 or GGXrd.
We haven't seen anything for GGXrd yet, pony confirmed.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#56lazer_licePosted 1/14/2014 2:52:54 AM
LOL the xbone defense force is in full crybaby mode!
#57dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 2:55:42 AM
mcnichoj posted...
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Oh we've seen plenty, and it looks glorious:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ggxrd&sm=3

It looks so much better than KI it's not even funny.
#58THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/14/2014 2:57:51 AM
dnmt posted...
mcnichoj posted...
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

I need a release date!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#59Rome218Posted 1/14/2014 3:08:42 AM
dnmt posted...
mcnichoj posted...
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Get used to the name dmnt or whatever it is. He comes here EVERY DAY to talk down on anything he can. >_<

It is hilarious to watch him. He's been at it forever now.

TC, I don't know why you can't just be happy you have a next gen system. Even if I had the PS4, I would feel good. Many people wish they could get an xbone or PS4 but can't. Most of my friends cannot afford a new system right now.

Graphics of KI is pretty damn good. I personally have not seen a better fighter, I'm sure one probably exists.. but is it talked about like KI? o_O

Anyway, like I said, I am grateful. Most of the people who have nothing better to do than troll don't even have a next gen system and have nothing to play, so let'em troll.
#60Rome218Posted 1/14/2014 3:14:40 AM
OMG, DNMT, did you just say this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGPhKu3jNg

looks better than KI?! The link you provided didn't work and lead me to other trailers.

It looks like it can run on XBLA. The hand drawn sprites of Duck Tales look better than that.