What can microsoft do to increase Xbox One demand?

#1Second_HokagePosted 1/13/2014 12:02:07 AM
My best buy had like 30 xbox one's on top of some shelves, and no PS4's. This has been the case with every big retail store that sells video games since weeks ago. This is bad if demand has died down.

What can microsoft do? price drop? bundle with games?
#21nternationa7Posted 1/13/2014 12:10:43 AM
Unbundle kinect.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#3krystylaPosted 1/13/2014 12:11:25 AM
Release them in more territories...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#41Phire1Posted 1/13/2014 12:14:00 AM
Nice troll attempt.
At one point it was hard to find either PS4s or XBONES.

Microsoft did they job and produced more XBONES so everyone could have them. What you see is a result of that.

The fact that you don't see PS4s means that there are people who might want one but can't find one. That's because Sony has done a pretty terrible job at producing/shipping more consoles.

I work at a large retail store that sells both, trust me on this one.
#5Satchmo25Posted 1/13/2014 12:14:59 AM
Sales look amazing so far. I think they're fine MS has demand AND availability. They aced their launch
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#6Apex-PlayerPosted 1/13/2014 12:20:07 AM
Get the creator of Ninja Gaiden to come back and make a proper NG sequel, that would sway me quite a bit.

Buy exclusive rights to Dark Souls 2.

Buy exclusive rights to the next Mortal Kombat.

Buy exclusive rights to ElderScrolls/Fallout.

Buy exclusive rights, period I guess, as long as its not shooters I get interested a little. Dead Rising is tempting, but not like any of the titles I mentioned, and not enough to warrant a sale on its own.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#7krystylaPosted 1/13/2014 12:44:51 AM
1Phire1 posted...
Nice troll attempt.

Microsoft did they job and produced more XBONES so everyone could have them. What you see is a result of that.

The fact that you don't see PS4s means that there are people who might want one but can't find one. That's because Sony has done a pretty terrible job at producing/shipping more consoles.

I don't think MS is producing more, PS4 supply is simply spread thin if the XBO released in as many countries as the PS4 you wouldn't see them stacked anywhere as well. The PS4 is available in 48 countries compared to the 13 the XBO is available in and among them are some of the richest countries.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#8AlexPumaPosted 1/13/2014 12:47:21 AM
1Phire1 posted...
Nice troll attempt.

I remember what is said about the Xbox One here was said about the Wii U this time last year. We won't know one way or another until later.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#91nternationa7Posted 1/13/2014 12:48:22 AM
krystyla posted...
1Phire1 posted...
Nice troll attempt.

I don't think MS is producing more, PS4 supply is simply spread thin if the XBO released in as many countries as the PS4 you wouldn't see them stacked anywhere as well. The PS4 is available in 48 countries compared to the 13 the XBO is available in and among them are some of the richest countries.

You do realize that Microsoft doesn't release in more countries because of localization issues rite? If they were to release into those other countries, demand wouldn't actually spike up due all the problems with compatibility it will have.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#10MCC1701Posted 1/13/2014 12:50:57 AM
Clarification time:
Sales=units shipped. If MS shipping 1 mil units and they just sat in the store that would mean MS sold 1 mil units and made that money, but no consumer bought it. Early sales typically reflect estimated demand not actual demand.

There is little reason to think that one company is worse at distributing than the other. Unless someone has a source that says otherwise, stop making that claim. It is likely however that for Sony the supply is spread thin due to a larger amount of countries they are shipped to.

Currently the Xbox One has been generally easier to find both online and in-store. This is based on the amount of claims of people who say they find plenty of one but not the other, as well as my own experiences when visiting various retailers. This applies primarily to the US.
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.