Is it worth owning PS4 + X1 combo?

#1SnoicFactorPosted 1/13/2014 6:33:05 AM
just wondering. Most big titles announced are 3rd party right now. I have no interest in Wii U.
---
nt
#2LapanuiPosted 1/13/2014 6:38:51 AM
If you are really interested in what they both offer currently, then yes. Otherwise, go with the one that has the most interesting games or none.

I got one early because of Dead Rising 3, but I am still going to pick up a lot more games for it.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3teeebzPosted 1/13/2014 6:40:58 AM(edited)
Have both, love both.

I don't gave to bicker about exclusives, I get to play them all.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#4axelfooley2k5Posted 1/13/2014 6:45:17 AM
not yet

they both are not worth much atm

but i would get a ps4 cause you know for a fact they bring the software, and will have better looking 3rd party games, like 360 did.

IMO buy xbone when they release a next kinectless version that is white and cheaper
im sure xbone will have some good exclusives

the big issue is if you have a gaming pc
if you do you may be able to get most of xbones exclusives on there

lots of ifs
lots of ifs
---
Guys! You gotta make it sexy. Hips and Nips, Otherwise i'm not eatin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GV2qS3tL4
#5boolzeroPosted 1/13/2014 6:52:51 AM(edited)
If you are interested in the current and future exclusives than by all means (and not just the retail exclusives, check out the digital exclusives for both as well as both have some impressive looking digital only titles in the wings). I am right there with you on not getting a WiiU as I feel I have traveled and been disappointed down that road too many generations. Its great if I lived Mario, Zelda and a handful of there other exclusives but I have broader tastes and have found that at near 40 I've grown tired of what they have to offer in their camp. So that leaves the big two and their exclusives.

Base your decision of some sound research and what titles you find more appealing to you. Personally, I'm going Xbox One and PC and I may get a PS4 later in the year or perhaps around Christmas if a catalogue of games I'm actually interested in develops for the console, otherwise I personal prefer what Xbox One is serving... And really both have something to offer you as a gamer depending on your tastes!

Otherwise I'd say get the console of choice you'd prefer and supplement with a competent gaming PC and a Steam and GoG account. At least four times a year you can get loads of great games for dirt cheap on PC through Steam sales...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#6OmecronBlazorPosted 1/13/2014 7:19:21 AM
IMO the ideal combo should be PC/PS4/Wii U.
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Final Fantasy XV Board
'With Playstation 4, we are building memories. With Xbawks, we are building an illusion.' - embrandedone
#7vcoughPosted 1/13/2014 7:22:32 AM
They are going to be so similar, just like PS3/360, so just pick one that has exclusives/features you want. I got the XBox One because most games I play are multiplats and the Xbox has Halo, which I like more than Sony exclusives.
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689
#8skermacPosted 1/13/2014 7:25:58 AM
A combo? How much is the combo and who sells it?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#9schmarkenheimerPosted 1/13/2014 7:38:00 AM
Not yet. Wait until both have a good back catalogue and get bundles that interest you. I don't know about where you are but here they also sold some 2/3 game packs for reasonable prices, that is if you don't mind waiting 3/4 years.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#10SCB3Posted 1/13/2014 7:39:07 AM
I'll be getting a PS4 later this year hopefully to go along with my XBone and Wii U, I did have a gaming PC which messed up badly before xmas, so will also be getting that back as well
---
"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget, You should have Expected us".
GT - SCB360 PSN - ThePunisherSCB