Is it worth owning PS4 + X1 combo?

#21Reflex-ArcPosted 1/13/2014 10:06:29 AM
I purchased all three during their respective launches. The only one sitting relatively unused at the moment is my PS4. That will change in a couple months.

That being said, no regrets buying them all. I hate missing out on a good exclusive. :)
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#22SazukeEXPosted 1/13/2014 10:23:45 AM
No.

Pick one and get a Wii U as your second console. Or a 3DS or Vita if you like Handhelds.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 2155 - 4967
Trainer Name: Rob. Friend Safari - Fighting: Mankey, Throh, and Riolu. PM me if you add me so I can add you.
#23sjc1279Posted 1/13/2014 10:39:55 AM
SazukeEX posted...
No.

Pick one and get a Wii U as your second console. Or a 3DS or Vita if you like Handhelds.

Wii U is not a wise choice at the moment, Every 3rd party developers already abandoned Wii U. We don't even know how long it's going to survive this gen. There could be 0 3rd party games on Wii U after 2014 when developers start to focus on nextgen games. I honestly think wii u will only get 3rd party games that are only coming out on ps3 and X360 and there won't be many 3rd party games on last gen consoles after this year.
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#24Xuande12Posted 1/13/2014 10:41:53 AM
No yet.. But it will be.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#25DjnarduPosted 1/13/2014 11:31:59 AM
I "use" my Xbox more because its hooked up to my cable box.

I dont play many games now that I'm older. If there is 2-3 exclusives per console a year top that with multiplatform games and its worth owning both system.

Multiplatform console games will be played on my PS4. The hardware is better and the OS is not a ***** to use for gaming.

Any game that's available for PC I will play on that unless all my friends get a game like Titanfall on a console.

Between the two controllers believe it or not I actually LOVE the ds4. They may some minor gripe changes to the One controller. It feel more cramped, the bumpers suck, and the sticks have a weird dead zone now. Its still a good controller but between the two I like the DS4 more.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#26Special-EddPosted 1/13/2014 11:40:03 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I purchased all three during their respective launches. The only one sitting relatively unused at the moment is my PS4. That will change in a couple months.

That being said, no regrets buying them all. I hate missing out on a good exclusive. :)

Same here minus the WiiU which I plan on buying along with Smash Bros U. Right now my PS4 is silently waiting for Infamous Second Son to come out.

I would have hated missing out on stuff like God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and The Last of Us simply because I preferred my 360. I knew I would have bought my PS4 eventually so I figured why not sooner rather then later?
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#27Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/13/2014 12:00:40 PM
I own all three but I have no doubt that I'll play the PS4 and Xbox One more...so yeah.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#28TannerCKGPosted 1/13/2014 12:15:32 PM
Really depends how many jobs you have or if you have one good one paying over 100k per year, then go for it.
---
"Times are gone for honest men and sometimes far too long for snakes"
#29The_DOAMPosted 1/13/2014 12:58:55 PM
sjc1279 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
No.

Wii U is not a wise choice at the moment, Every 3rd party developers already abandoned Wii U. We don't even know how long it's going to survive this gen. There could be 0 3rd party games on Wii U after 2014 when developers start to focus on nextgen games. I honestly think wii u will only get 3rd party games that are only coming out on ps3 and X360 and there won't be many 3rd party games on last gen consoles after this year.

Um... that's the point people don't buy Nintendo for 3rd parties they purchase the competing systems for that type of thing. No one needs a ONE+PS4 for third party titles though the 3rd party titles the Wii got like Castlevania, Final Fantasy, and Capcom vs were exclusive to it.

Nintendo has no competition and no incentive to compete they obviously have the 1st or second console position locked down. They can survive on their own 1st party works this is a known and their not in danger or threat of anything as their consoles have a greater value per unit sold compared to the competition. PC gamers even buy Nintendo consoles because you can't play their exclusives on the PC so they just sit there on their huge mountain of cash. It's the other two you have to worry about as their can only be one third party console.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#30DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/13/2014 1:00:26 PM
You can game on PS4 and watch TV on Xbone, sounds good to me.
---
"Xbox on." "Xbox, reassure me of my purchase."
http://images.latinospost.com/data/images/full/22543/amazon-poll.jpg?w=600