Is it worth owning PS4 + X1 combo?

#31AltruisPosted 1/13/2014 1:02:01 PM
PS4 had the lamest launch games I've ever seen. X1 at least had DR3.

Both systems had slow starts if not for the 3rd party games.
---
History: Atari, Coleco Vision, NES, GB, SNES, PS, N64, GBA, DC, PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, 360, DS, Wii, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, PS4, X1
#32tadmfpolePosted 1/13/2014 1:19:59 PM
If you have the financial means and want both, why are you asking? Buy both and support the industry.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#33HansukeiPosted 1/13/2014 1:30:13 PM
I'd stray away from anything Microsoft tbh. :P Just get a PS4 as they are giving off free games for PS+ users. Besides, everyone of Microsoft's exclusives are over rated.
#34sjc1279Posted 1/13/2014 2:49:10 PM
The_DOAM posted...
sjc1279 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
No.

Pick one and get a Wii U as your second console. Or a 3DS or Vita if you like Handhelds.

Wii U is not a wise choice at the moment, Every 3rd party developers already abandoned Wii U. We don't even know how long it's going to survive this gen. There could be 0 3rd party games on Wii U after 2014 when developers start to focus on nextgen games. I honestly think wii u will only get 3rd party games that are only coming out on ps3 and X360 and there won't be many 3rd party games on last gen consoles after this year.

Um... that's the point people don't buy Nintendo for 3rd parties they purchase the competing systems for that type of thing. No one needs a ONE+PS4 for third party titles though the 3rd party titles the Wii got like Castlevania, Final Fantasy, and Capcom vs were exclusive to it.

Nintendo has no competition and no incentive to compete they obviously have the 1st or second console position locked down. They can survive on their own 1st party works this is a known and their not in danger or threat of anything as their consoles have a greater value per unit sold compared to the competition. PC gamers even buy Nintendo consoles because you can't play their exclusives on the PC so they just sit there on their huge mountain of cash. It's the other two you have to worry about as their can only be one third party console.

1st or 2nd? are you kidding me? Wii U had 1year advantage and PS4 already surpassed Wii U in just 2month after launch and X1 will surpass Wii U soon. There won't be anymore 3rd party games for Wii U when devs stop porting Nextgen games to ps3,360.
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#35PoloMan6Posted 1/13/2014 3:00:42 PM
teeebz posted...
Have both, love both.

I don't gave to bicker about exclusives, I get to play them all.
#36blunderminePosted 1/13/2014 3:04:13 PM
Not yet. In truth it's hardly worth owning one console right now. But you should definitely wait a few years before you consider owning both.
#37blunderminePosted 1/13/2014 3:06:01 PM
sjc1279 posted...
1st or 2nd? are you kidding me? Wii U had 1year advantage and PS4 already surpassed Wii U in just 2month after launch and X1 will surpass Wii U soon. There won't be anymore 3rd party games for Wii U when devs stop porting Nextgen games to ps3,360.

So? If you have a PS4 or XB1 would you buy the multiplatform games for Wii U anyway? If you're going to get a Wii U, it's for Nintendo games.
#38scarface4200Posted 1/13/2014 3:13:35 PM
I have all three. If you can swing it comfortably no reason not to be able to play any game that comes out on any system. The infamous/titan fall March is going to be bananas! !!!!
---
XBL gamertag:Gangstarr007, PSN tag: Gangstarr007
#39A_HollowPosted 1/13/2014 3:37:27 PM
I own both aswell, but I picked them both up for dirt cheap. The exclusives on BOTH right now are forgettable games anyway, the good games are multiplat at moment, titanfall is around the corner but I expect it to be mostly hype, I personally want to play Destiny and Watch Dogs.
#40CKnightPosted 1/13/2014 3:48:28 PM
A_Hollow posted...
I own both aswell, but I picked them both up for dirt cheap. The exclusives on BOTH right now are forgettable games anyway, the good games are multiplat at moment, titanfall is around the corner but I expect it to be mostly hype, I personally want to play Destiny and Watch Dogs.

You may want to go into games more open minded. You expect Titanfall to be mostly hype because your easily influenced by others.

Do you think Infamous Second Son will be mostly hype?