Titanfall will end up like Shadowrun, MAG, Brink, Homefront, Turok, Haze and MOH

#1shootsmackPosted 1/13/2014 7:00:02 AM
These were all hgped games that had talented people behind them and aspirations of either reinventing the wheel or carving a finanically successful new IP in the FPS genre.

All failed for different though comparable reasons. Titanfall seems to have lost its pre-release hype with the news of its gameplay paradigm (restrictions may be a more apt term)...

I predict 4 million sell-through (max of 7) between both releases. I think my numbers are generous, but I am in a good mood.

Anyone still have hope for this game?
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#2krystylaPosted 1/13/2014 7:02:05 AM
It will be out during a gaming draught.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#3SycoticPosted 1/13/2014 7:05:41 AM
Shadowrun is awesome and you can still find games online, I still play it
---
Xbox: Get Psycho
#4yanksfan4247Posted 1/13/2014 7:06:19 AM
Lol @ Turok, Brink or Homefront having talented devs.

Anyone with a brain also should have seen MOH and being mediocre as hell. Haze and MAG were up in the air really, and really didn't deliver at all.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#5ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/13/2014 7:06:53 AM
It will flop. It may sell decently, but with the next cod, it'll drop in popularity quick.
Takes a lot to stand up to cod. Battlefield had to 1 up cod and still not take its crown.

Titanfall is taking a step back.
---
Tro9ooooooololololllllooooooooo999lllolololololollllllolllololololo zomggggtrrolllzzzz help me!!! I'm too immature to ignore trollZzzzz
#6shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 7:15:27 AM
krystyla posted...
It will be out during a gaming draught.

That will not help it. People have tons of distractions these days, from tablets to phones. Entertainment droughts no longer exist, which is a huge reason games have a hars time retaining their audience. Titanfall just doesn't have the *pop* to hold people's attention. Mark my words.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#7vcoughPosted 1/13/2014 7:17:21 AM
I'm still mad about Haze. Timesplitters is my favorite game series ever and Haze killed it.
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689
#8MetroidFan9999Posted 1/13/2014 7:19:54 AM
I'm seeing MOH territory myself as well.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/13/2014 7:21:24 AM
It's pretty funny coming here and seeing a known pony posting something to the effect of "Titanfall lolz!!!" every day. We understand, you're disappointed you don't get it on PS4. Sorry, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10Rome218Posted 1/13/2014 7:21:24 AM
So much jealousy. Just because you guys won't be able to play it does not mean you have to hope it flops, make topics about it flopping, or find reasons to complain.

It's made by the original IW guys. Unlike all the other games you name, the people in charge of this game has a chip on their shoulder and they have something to prove.