Titanfall will end up like Shadowrun, MAG, Brink, Homefront, Turok, Haze and MOH

#11chrometipPosted 1/13/2014 7:22:50 AM
shootsmack posted...
krystyla posted...
It will be out during a gaming draught.

That will not help it. People have tons of distractions these days, from tablets to phones. Entertainment droughts no longer exist, which is a huge reason games have a hars time retaining their audience. Titanfall just doesn't have the *pop* to hold people's attention. Mark my words.

You really want to see the game fail or something. There is no evidence for anything you are saying. There is a drought on GAME systems, people will buy GAMES when there is a drought, just like everyone will be buying infamous for ps4, cause there is a drought. Help me understand how a game that was best at pretty much all shows last year not have pop to hold peoples attention?
#12SunDevil77Posted 1/13/2014 7:23:19 AM
You seem to have a gift. Who will win the Super Bowl? I'm not a betting man, but with that talent, might as well make some money
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 7:28:05 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
It's pretty funny coming here and seeing a known pony posting something to the effect of "Titanfall lolz!!!" every day. We understand, you're disappointed you don't get it on PS4. Sorry, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I own 2 360s. I have never owned a PS3 and I do not own a PS4. I also mentioned both Jaze and MAG as failed FPs's, and both were Sony exclusive. Stop runnimg your mouth and get on my gaming knowledge level.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#14Rome218Posted 1/13/2014 7:28:18 AM
It's pretty funny coming here and seeing a known pony posting something to the effect of "Titanfall lolz!!!" every day. We understand, you're disappointed you don't get it on PS4. Sorry, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

If the PS4 and Wii-U had games, we wouldn't have these people here. Like I keep saying, it's all jealousy.

Right now Xbox One has the best games, and stuff to look forward to. Xbox One isn't the system that has two poor titles and nothing but last gen games with a face lift.

Sony fans love to mention how many units their system sold, however, that doesn't do anything for the lack of media.

They can say, "Well, next year it will have <blank>."

Well, then next year I can buy a PS4. What happened to the days when people had all the systems? o_O Now days people pick one and just get jealous over the other. Even with Sony's success in selling PS4s, they're still looking to go bankrupt.

Nintendo, with all the money they do have, skimp on their systems. No good online interface, no aggression to get good third party support..

If it wasn't for the 360, Sony would not have trophies and Nintendo would not have their "Action controller", or whatever it's called. Just stole the 360's controller and made a minor change, and forgot to give it an input for voice chat.
#15skermacPosted 1/13/2014 7:29:50 AM(edited)
shootsmack posted...
These were all hgped games that had talented people behind them and aspirations of either reinventing the wheel or carving a finanically successful new IP in the FPS genre.

All failed for different though comparable reasons. Titanfall seems to have lost its pre-release hype with the news of its gameplay paradigm (restrictions may be a more apt term)...

I predict 4 million sell-through (max of 7) between both releases. I think my numbers are generous, but I am in a good mood.

Anyone still have hope for this game?

If they made a profit they did NOT fail. Which of those games lost money for the investors? TC? Anyone? Tell me which game lost money so I will know if its really a failure and not an opinion.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#16shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 7:31:45 AM
chrometip posted...
shootsmack posted...
krystyla posted...
It will be out during a gaming draught.

That will not help it. People have tons of distractions these days, from tablets to phones. Entertainment droughts no longer exist, which is a huge reason games have a hars time retaining their audience. Titanfall just doesn't have the *pop* to hold people's attention. Mark my words.

You really want to see the game fail or something. There is no evidence for anything you are saying. There is a drought on GAME systems, people will buy GAMES when there is a drought, just like everyone will be buying infamous for ps4, cause there is a drought. Help me understand how a game that was best at pretty much all shows last year not have pop to hold peoples attention?

The game is in "top advertsiing spot" and this doesn't necessarily reflect its impact. See Haze or Rage for examples on why this doesn't matter.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#17teeebzPosted 1/13/2014 7:35:33 AM
1 big difference.

Everyone who has gotten to play it absolutely loved it, from gaming sites to the regular joe.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#18ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/13/2014 7:40:35 AM
shootsmack posted...

I own 2 360s. I have never owned a PS3 and I do not own a PS4. I also mentioned both Jaze and MAG as failed FPs's, and both were Sony exclusive. Stop runnimg your mouth and get on my gaming knowledge level.

Your "gaming knowledge level" is pitifully low if you honestly believe Titanfall will fail.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#19Rome218Posted 1/13/2014 7:41:36 AM
teeebz posted...
1 big difference.

Everyone who has gotten to play it absolutely loved it, from gaming sites to the regular joe.

Seriously, just type in titanfall impression on google.

I have been reading some impressions from people who got to play it. They say wall running and jumping around is fluent and fun. I'm glad to read that.
#20shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 7:41:51 AM
skermac posted...
shootsmack posted...
These were all hgped games that had talented people behind them and aspirations of either reinventing the wheel or carving a finanically successful new IP in the FPS genre.

All failed for different though comparable reasons. Titanfall seems to have lost its pre-release hype with the news of its gameplay paradigm (restrictions may be a more apt term)...

I predict 4 million sell-through (max of 7) between both releases. I think my numbers are generous, but I am in a good mood.

Anyone still have hope for this game?

If they made a profit they did NOT fail. Which of those games lost money for the investors? TC? Anyone? Tell me which game lost money so I will know if its really a failure and not an opinion.

The publishers of all these games agree with me, because none of them have sequels and most are no longer even franchises.

If the publishers don't want to invest, it is a failure.
---