Titanfall will end up like Shadowrun, MAG, Brink, Homefront, Turok, Haze and MOH

#51captorofsinPosted 1/13/2014 11:54:30 AM
also shadowrun was a tabletop role playing game (like dungeons and dragons) not a new ip. it used to be a rpg on sega genesis, pc, and snes. so the fps was a new spin on an old ip.
#52CapwnDPosted 1/13/2014 12:55:17 PM
shootsmack posted...
Titanfall seems to have lost its pre-release hype with the news of its gameplay paradigm (restrictions may be a more apt term)...

I don't understand. All the people making these Fires of Dismay topics about it are just the same douchebag trolls who were talking crap about it before.

So why would you say it lost hype? That's not even the same thing.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#53regsantotomasPosted 1/13/2014 1:17:53 PM
Is this the 'Marginalize Titanfall' topic of the day?

Anyway, I think that it will do well based on the early buzz from both developers and gamers who have tried it out. Then again, I have no interest in a chest thumping contest with others here.

I will simply enjoy it with my friends regardless.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#54shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 5:56:02 AM
Early buzz means very little these days.

Recall RAGE, for example.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#55lunaticcorePosted 1/14/2014 6:02:12 AM
shootsmack posted...

I wouldn't call it early buzz. The buzz came from people actually playing the game months ago, some of those people still won't shut up about how good it was. Pax Prime wasn't that long ago, there were lines for the game before opening filled with developers of other games.

Whatever though.. less than 2 months away now.
#56dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 6:06:30 AM
lunaticcore posted...
shootsmack posted...

I wouldn't call it early buzz. The buzz came from people actually playing the game months ago, some of those people still won't shut up about how good it was. Pax Prime wasn't that long ago, there were lines for the game before opening filled with developers of other games.

Whatever though.. less than 2 months away now.

People were going gaga over SimCity during the open beta and we all know how that turned out..
#57LapanuiPosted 1/14/2014 6:11:45 AM
I think the game will sell reasonably well. I'm only going off the VGChartz preorders. On the X1 is has about 200k.

I know VGChartz isn't 100% accurate. Anyway, compare this to CoD: Ghosts, 9 weeks before the release on the X1 and it had 250k. Fast forward to today, it has sold about 860k in the US alone.

For brand new consoles, CoD: Ghosts did pretty well. I think Titanfall will do pretty good. I'm not saying it's going to overthrow CoD because Titanfall isn't being released around the same time as CoD. People enjoy FPS's, people will play Titanfall for many months and then probably move onto the next CoD.

This stuff happens to games all the time. You play for so many months and you move onto the next game. I know I probably won't play Titanfall for a very long time, but I am still getting it.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#58Juzten76Posted 1/14/2014 10:10:15 AM
Titanfall
#59EllesarienPosted 1/14/2014 10:27:03 AM
Rome218 posted...
teeebz posted...
1 big difference.

Everyone who has gotten to play it absolutely loved it, from gaming sites to the regular joe.

Seriously, just type in titanfall impression on google.

I have been reading some impressions from people who got to play it. They say wall running and jumping around is fluent and fun. I'm glad to read that.

See...you are doing it wrong. You are taking first-hand experience over people that have never played it.

You need to not own the console it will be released on, really want it to fail (for some reason), and have no first-hand knowledge, These are the people with all the info and great insight!!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#60Doomhammer2187Posted 1/14/2014 10:39:31 AM
Hmm, the game is coming out during a drought as previously mentioned, but a drought for next-gen consoles which people are excited about buying a new game for. When there were droughts for my PS3/Xbox360, it wasn't that big of a deal because I could go back and play some CoD for a few months. With a next-gen drought, people are itching to pick something new up, anything new at this point.

Though there seems to be more hype around this game than the ones you've listed. I have non-gaming friends who buy the occasional CoD, talking about this game. Hasn't happened since CoD became the "cool" game to play.

Not saying Titanfall will flop or be successful, but it seems that it is set up to be a great new IP.
---
PSN: Loydganks
Xbox: Roca Blanca