Titanfall will end up like Shadowrun, MAG, Brink, Homefront, Turok, Haze and MOH

#61120N7Posted 1/19/2014 3:48:57 AM
krystyla posted...
It will be out during a gaming draught.

I blame the draught on all the trolls. Closing the door on your way out should solve the problem.
#62BabyGangsta187Posted 1/19/2014 4:05:27 AM
The jealousy on this board is extreme.

Everybody who has gotten hands on the game has said its awesome lol.
#63Shiro-RedWind-Posted 1/19/2014 10:21:14 AM
Maybe it is just me but the command of the English language here as far as word usage goes is completely terrible.

The term most of you are shallowly belting out " Jealousy " is not the right term. The word you are looking for is " Envy " look up the definitions, seriously.

Moving forward. I'm not buying into the hype but I am interested in Titanfall. Many games just like Titanfall have come forward and gained " Most Anticipated of Show " and gained multiple pre-release rewards. Magazines have written " High anticipation " articles before for games. But the reality of it all is this: If Titanfall drops and it can't deliver? It doesn't matter how many awards before release it got, it's going to go up in flames.

The hype for it is unrivaled to some, but there were other titles to get this same kind of smoke and mirrors and ended up bottoming out to broken messes and unplayable final products. So while I intend to buy it, I just hope that it lives up to Alpha build and the declarations of each and every party rooting it up. Because if not, well, you know how it goes.

P.S. To anybody who keeps putting Titanfall next to SS just stop. For the same reasons people will buy Titanfall due to Hype, Something New, and " An Exclusive " (despite it coming out on 3 platforms and all or 2.5 of them are Microsoft based OS ), Infamous has its own hype as well as an already established fan base from two prior games to its franchise (not the development team). It's going to sell. Whether it sells better than or equal to Titanfall? We don't know. Just have to wait and see.
---
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#64Foxx3kPosted 1/19/2014 10:24:47 AM
Homefront had excellent MP. Truly, truly, amazing multiplayer. Highly underrated game.

Medal of Honor 2010 had a campaign that is easily a contender for the greatest modern military shooter campaign of the entire generation. Multiplayer was weak.
Medal of Honor Warfighter was the opposite. Warfighter's MP was surprisingly solid. Decent gunplay mechanics, fantastic combat buddy system, decent class system. Warfighter MP's greatest weakness was that it was "only" a well made MP that didn't take any risks.

MAG was awful.
Shadowrun was awful.
Brink had a lot of good ideas, but bad balance and bad game design undermined a lot of what they tried to do. Shame.
Haze was awful.

I don't know why you mentioned Turok.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#65velvet_hammerPosted 1/19/2014 2:35:51 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
You seem to have a gift. Who will win the Super Bowl? I'm not a betting man, but with that talent, might as well make some money

Denver broncos vs San Francisco. Denver wins
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#66Cornbread4lifePosted 1/19/2014 2:38:56 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
You seem to have a gift. Who will win the Super Bowl? I'm not a betting man, but with that talent, might as well make some money

Denver broncos vs San Francisco. Denver wins

49ers aren't going to win today.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#67CapnStankyPosted 1/19/2014 3:12:36 PM
LOL at all the Sony fanboys desperately wishing for this game to fail. THey're even more scared after the awesome alpha.
#68Masterchief5525Posted 1/19/2014 3:13:57 PM
Shadowrun was awesome the other games you mentioned though not so much.
---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#69DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/19/2014 3:14:09 PM
CapnStanky posted...
LOL at all the Sony fanboys desperately wishing for this game to fail. THey're even more scared after the awesome alpha.

I don't blame them TBH. A bot-filled online-only game is taking laziness to new heights.
---
--
-
#70DamnEvilDogPosted 1/19/2014 4:49:46 PM
shootsmack posted...
Awards include:

"Dorito's Most Wanted"
"Major Nelson's Absolute Most Interesting Game"
"Most Extreme New Gun Experience 2013"

And you are suppose to be intelligent right? not mixed up in a console war yet here, posting this drivel to incite anger.

I would say I question your intelligence level, but I already know it's not very high since you have nothing better to do but provoke the rabid Xbox fanbase, pathetic.