Microsoft should fire everyone involved with Xbox PR.

#1TerminonatatorPosted 1/13/2014 8:05:51 AM
This in response to the thread about the Xbox catering to casual gamers.

The biggest obstacle to Microsoft and the Xbox One is their horrible PR. MS should just fire everyone in charge of advertising and PR and start over. They had a great opportunity to recoup after they back pedaled their E3 fumbles, but what little consumer confidence they gained post-E3, they've been slowly losing since launch.

All these articles that keep coming out should be cut off at the ankles before they're given a chance to run out of control. Counter false claims, establish an identity (is it a game console? a media machine? both? i realize we all know it's both, but the average consumer/gamer doesn't) and find a clear message and drive that message home in your ads.

The X1 is a good console with a lot of potential. In time, with a better stable of games and features, maybe it will be a great console. But MS needs to right the ship in their PR department because it's an absolute mess right now.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d4uh227
#2ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/13/2014 8:08:52 AM
Rather have honesty doe. We know xbox isn't primarily a gaming console. They made it clear in the reveal and are focused more on home entertainment. Their cable box that plays games.
---
Tro9ooooooololololllllooooooooo999lllolololololollllllolllololololo zomggggtrrolllzzzz help me!!! I'm too immature to ignore trollZzzzz
#3Rome218Posted 1/13/2014 8:18:10 AM
Terminonatator posted...
This in response to the thread about the Xbox catering to casual gamers.

The biggest obstacle to Microsoft and the Xbox One is their horrible PR. MS should just fire everyone in charge of advertising and PR and start over. They had a great opportunity to recoup after they back pedaled their E3 fumbles, but what little consumer confidence they gained post-E3, they've been slowly losing since launch.

All these articles that keep coming out should be cut off at the ankles before they're given a chance to run out of control. Counter false claims, establish an identity (is it a game console? a media machine? both? i realize we all know it's both, but the average consumer/gamer doesn't) and find a clear message and drive that message home in your ads.

The X1 is a good console with a lot of potential. In time, with a better stable of games and features, maybe it will be a great console. But MS needs to right the ship in their PR department because it's an absolute mess right now.

It costs more than the PS4, so PS4 will sell more. PS3 took awhile to catch up to the 360.

Both consoles are gaming/multimedia.

I am confused why people are saying PS4 is a gaming machine first. They did absolutely nothing to set up a good launch.

The Xbox One came out with games catering to different fans, and a huge exclusive around the corner.

Also, the best looking game out on consoles is on the xbox one. Sure, people can say Killzone is more open, but I didn't say that. The game that looks photorealistic and will have people look at the television and say, "Is that a game or a movie?" is Ryse.
#4MRL3G3NDPosted 1/13/2014 8:19:15 AM
Here is the console situation... maybe you can better understand what they are trying to do. I am not excusing what they are trying to do but everyone playing consoles should have seen the writing on the wall 4 years ago...

Hardcore gamers account for about $500k in sales for particular hardcore games and apps

Casual gamers can account up to 2.5 million for particular hardcore AND casual titles... not to mention media streaming.

Those aren't exact numbers, but you get the picture (or you should)

MS figures they already have the hardcore folks...they figured with halo and limited exclusivity to BF4/COD DLC the XB1 is the place to be for hardcore gamers...

The casual folks take a little bit more to convince... SO MS advertises the other stuff you can do with this gaming console to "butter up" the deal...

Hardcore users are only concerned with gaming...the other stuff is just a bonus.

So basically they are gambling with $500k to make another $5mil...

They took a page out of the wii book.. although the wii was a weaker, cheaper system, it sold millions because peoples grandmothers wanted it (and got it).
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#5Killah PriestPosted 1/13/2014 8:19:38 AM
I agree they do need to shake up the division a bit because they really dropped the ball.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6MRL3G3NDPosted 1/13/2014 8:20:37 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Here is the console situation... maybe you can better understand what they are trying to do. I am not excusing what they are trying to do but everyone playing consoles should have seen the writing on the wall 4 years ago...

Hardcore gamers account for about $500k in sales for particular hardcore games and apps

Casual gamers can account up to 2.5 million for particular hardcore AND casual titles... not to mention media streaming.

MS figures they already have the hardcore folks...they figured with halo and limited exclusivity to BF4/COD DLC the XB1 is the place to be for hardcore gamers...

The casual folks take a little bit more to convince... SO MS advertises the other stuff you can do with this gaming console to "butter up" the deal...

Hardcore users are only concerned with gaming...the other stuff is just a bonus.

They took a page out of the wii book.. although the wii was a weaker, cheaper system, it sold millions because peoples grandmothers wanted it (and got it).

I'm not saying this is good.. When MS said that "gaming is no longer for only sweaty fat kids in metallica shirts"...then release the Kinect... I swiftly made my exit and built a gaming pc...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#7SinisterSlayPosted 1/13/2014 8:42:24 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

I'm not saying this is good.. When MS said that "gaming is no longer for only sweaty fat kids in metallica shirts"...then release the Kinect... I swiftly made my exit and built a gaming pc...

Hmmmm, if true, MS screwed up, they forgot the cheaper part, they only got the weaker part correct.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8MrSpaM111Posted 1/13/2014 8:44:42 AM
The one thing I find really odd about the XBO's launch, is that they pushed and pushed at this idea that Kinect is the future of gaming, and yet where are the games that are supposed to show off what this peripheral can do? So far we've got Fighter Within (sucks) and Zumba Fitness (sucks).

If they were so amendment that the Kinect is needed to push their games to the next level, they aren't doing a very good job of selling it whatsoever. Wheres the proof that this peripheral is needed with every console? So far it looks like the only reason it was bundled with the console was to make more money.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#9SinisterSlayPosted 1/13/2014 8:46:21 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
The one thing I find really odd about the XBO's launch, is that they pushed and pushed at this idea that Kinect is the future of gaming, and yet where are the games that are supposed to show off what this peripheral can do? So far we've got Fighter Within (sucks) and Zumba Fitness (sucks).

If they were so amendment that the Kinect is needed to push their games to the next level, they aren't doing a very good job of selling it whatsoever. Wheres the proof that this peripheral is needed with every console? So far it looks like the only reason it was bundled with the console was to cost them more money.

Fixed for you
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#10UtterMoonPosted 1/13/2014 8:53:44 AM
Both systems are suffering from the same problem...a lack of games. Yes the Xbone does have more exclusives, but the quality isn't there. Titanfall looks as if it will be good...but with 6 vs 6, well its just not looking as good as it did.

Microsoft did screw up with PR, they did fire some people over it. But most people were not going to buy either system without that games to back it up, because game consoles are about one thing...games, why would I buy a 500 dollar or 400 dollar system for anything other than that? Especially when my PC and an HDMI cable can and does do it better.

The other big issue...is the kinect, its a gimmick and it always has been. Since Microsoft thought of it as something else, as a system seller...well I find that to be silly.

Both systems need games, and both systems will have a library of games by the end of 2014 (although most will be multiplatform).