Why is the Xbox One losing to the PS4 in your opinion?

#51dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 12:22:19 AM
goatthief posted...
Cheaper price for the same thing, and Sony lucked out at E3.

Sony didn't "luck out". They simply listened to what their fans wanted, unlike MS. I mean their intentions were really heinous back then, it's the main reason I don't ever plan on getting the Xbone despite loving my 360 a lot in the first half of its life cycle.
#52Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/14/2014 12:37:33 AM
Viet0ne posted...
gojin84 posted...
People are afraid of change.

The xbox is trying new things while the PS4 remains the same with better graphics than it's predecessors.

Xbox changed names of things in existence for over 10 years and tried to call them new. Name a single thing MS tried to do that was genuinely new.

putting the word "One" at the end of the name of their third console...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#53ssjgohhkuPosted 1/14/2014 6:01:49 AM
Microsoft lucked out last gen because PS3 was $599 while the 360 was $399. If they were both $399 PS3 would have crushed the 360 from day 1 and Microosft would be already out of console business again.
#54lunaticcorePosted 1/14/2014 6:34:47 AM
Viet0ne posted...
gojin84 posted...

The xbox is trying new things while the PS4 remains the same with better graphics than it's predecessors.

Xbox changed names of things in existence for over 10 years and tried to call them new. Name a single thing MS tried to do that was genuinely new.

A lot of things they did can be marked up to bringing PC things over to the console.

Xbox required broadband for online games first. The Dreamcast and Ps2 weren't Broadband ready when they shipped.
First console with a built in HDD
First console with wireless controllers as standard
Made sure as many people as possible had headsets for live.
Friends list
Shipped headsets with Xbox 360
Custom Soundtracks first on Xbox
Netflix first on Xbox 360.
Xbox Arcade was really the first successful downloadable game service of its kind on a console.
Before the 360 dashboards weren't really an important thing. Neither was updating dashboards to the extreme they did.
First console with direct downloads of movies, streaming of movies.
Part Chat
Achievements
Halo 2 Matchmaking was a huge change for online games.
First console with cloud saves
First console with cloud saves as the standard for saves.
#55bob15xPosted 1/14/2014 6:48:26 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Viet0ne posted...
gojin84 posted...

A lot of things they did can be marked up to bringing PC things over to the console.

Xbox required broadband for online games first. The Dreamcast and Ps2 weren't Broadband ready when they shipped.
First console with a built in HDD
First console with wireless controllers as standard
Made sure as many people as possible had headsets for live.
Friends list
Shipped headsets with Xbox 360
Custom Soundtracks first on Xbox
Netflix first on Xbox 360.
Xbox Arcade was really the first successful downloadable game service of its kind on a console.
Before the 360 dashboards weren't really an important thing. Neither was updating dashboards to the extreme they did.
First console with direct downloads of movies, streaming of movies.
Part Chat
Achievements
Halo 2 Matchmaking was a huge change for online games.
First console with cloud saves
First console with cloud saves as the standard for saves.

and almost everything you listed there is now standard and would be missed or complained about if not there .
#56EnclavePosted 1/14/2014 6:54:41 AM
The answer is pretty obvious. From an advertising perspective? Sony has done everything right and Microsoft has done everything wrong.

The fact that the Xbox isn't selling more than the PS4 is purely thanks to Microsoft and their portrayal of the Xbox One, especially its pre-launch reveal.

This is very similar honestly to when Sony revealed the PS3, same sort of reaction. By all rights? Microsoft should have been able to get a very comfortable lead on Sony in the North American and United Kingdom markets and then Microsoft would only have had to focus on improving their image in the European markets and Japan.

Microsoft however instead decided to piss everybody off and it's hurt them. They've given Sony an early advantage, one that Sony may not give up. Especially since they've been knocking it out of the park every time they do a reveal.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#57Xuande12Posted 1/15/2014 1:30:31 AM
Their console reveal. No one will ever forget the failure of it and it still leaves a bad taste in most gamer's mouths.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#58VanderZooPosted 1/15/2014 2:39:21 AM
I think something else people haven't mentioned yet is that PlayStation is a more popular brand name. If you look at last gen, PS3 cost $600, came out later, and yet as of today has outsold the 360 in total sales.

Of course we know what happened in the 6th gen with PS2 selling 156 million units to Xbox's 24 million.

So now we have the PS4 coming out at pretty much the same time, and is $100 cheaper... I'm not surprised at all to see PS4 selling better than XB1.
#59Blizz87Posted 1/19/2014 5:09:47 PM
It's mostly the price and the bad PR microsoft has had. I plan to buy an X1 for Titanfall but it's iffy at the monument.
#60rgwPosted 1/19/2014 6:09:52 PM
Entertainment business isn't war and the only losers are the ones losing money.
---
rgw
--