Why most upcoming games need to ditch sp and concentrate on mp

#11vcoughPosted 1/13/2014 1:31:33 PM
As a father, I definitely like shorter campaigns and primarily focus on multiplayer. Its easy to sit down and play some online matches or do a short mission when my son goes to bed or I have some down time than to devote hours into a progressing storyline and tracking statistics in an RPG, etc. I just prefer shooters and arcade style games anyway.

However, there is no reason both cannot coexist.
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689
#12skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:38:18 PM
__Darklit__ posted...
This is why I hate current gen gaming. I'd be perfectly fine with the opposite happening, I don't care about multiplayer one bit. The fat that so many people think this way honestly disgusts me. A game should have a 40+ hour story :(

I agree! I miss 20-40 hour stories in games.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#13CKnightPosted 1/13/2014 1:39:51 PM
I need my Arkham, GTA, MGS and many other campaigns.
#14daniel79Posted 1/13/2014 1:40:26 PM
Yeah, going to have to go ahead and not agree with you, at all.
#15skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:40:57 PM
Excal1bur posted...
I think theirs a good place for both, I like the COD campaigns if for anything its a neat way to use some different weapon/weapon setups that you may not use in the Mplayer and I think they are a perfect length. However if I picked up GTA V and it only had a 6 hour campaign and I had to wait 2 weeks for the Garbage online they released I would of been super pissed, and probably would not of ever bought another Rockstar game.

On one simple side note I think Dice should just give up on Single player, They just completely fail at making even a serviceable campaign. How does COD campaign have more vehicle missions than Battlefield. Its just sad.

But only one third of people actually completed GTA V, why did millions buy it and so many quit after 5 or 6 hours and moved on to another game? Might as well make it a 6 hour campaign the way casual gamers play it. I'm glad it was long.
---
#16skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:43:18 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
This logic is rather flawed considering most people spend hundreds of hours in the MP of games where it is actually decent anyways WHILE still enjoying the SP also.

If they can't devote the time to SP, why in the holy hell are they going to devote the time to MP instead?

I bought Black Ops for the mp, I finished the sp campaign, but it took 6 months before I even started sp. I was on mp from the start and didn't care if it had a sp. COD games don't really need sp. World at War was the last sp I liked.
---
#17vcoughPosted 1/13/2014 1:45:26 PM
skermac posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
This logic is rather flawed considering most people spend hundreds of hours in the MP of games where it is actually decent anyways WHILE still enjoying the SP also.

If they can't devote the time to SP, why in the holy hell are they going to devote the time to MP instead?

I bought Black Ops for the mp, I finished the sp campaign, but it took 6 months before I even started sp. I was on mp from the start and didn't care if it had a sp. COD games don't really need sp. World at War was the last sp I liked.

Same here, but Ghosts campaign actually surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. Never even bothered with most of the campaigns though, but its nice to have an offline component
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689
#18RyuuHou25Posted 1/13/2014 1:49:55 PM
skermac posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

And lots of people would disagree with you. Take BF4 for example, going by psnprofiles, 32% of the people registered with that game finished the last mission in the SP. Even with the major issues with the crashing and what not for that game.

Even if people start it months down the road, they still play it. However, no game anywhere has a 100% finish rate for the SP or even MP (and by finish I mean unlock everything you can)
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A