Just got my Xbox one

#11bgorngfnPosted 1/14/2014 12:03:06 PM
Welcome to the awesome world of XB1! I love the system and I'm sure you will too. Also, Rome218 is right, ignore all the haters. I don't know why people can't just be happy and let one another have/enjoy whatever they prefer... Oh yeah, that's right, it's the internet. Land of hate and false bravado. Anyway, enjoy your XB1!
---
GT: NaiLSONS
Those who bite the hand that feeds them, will also lick the boot that kicks them.
#12Blizz87Posted 1/15/2014 11:38:46 AM
Its a good system but the UI is utter garbage compared to the 360 and ps4 UI. Its a massive step back from the 360, party chat is ruined, can't sent voice messages to people, no recent players list, and the list goes on. I will be re buying on though when Titanfall drops (maybe) if I have the extra cash that is.
#13AppointedJoker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 4:33:56 PM
Thanks guys. I'm enjoying the system so far. Dead rising 3 is a laugh, making the combo weapons etc, as for killer instinct, as previously mentioned, I seem to be a little rusty...
#14necro00Posted 1/15/2014 4:36:26 PM
I suck at fighting games, and I suck at KI, cool game but im awful so i dont play it much
#15ExxexPosted 1/19/2014 3:34:30 AM
I didn't know hardcore gamers were supposed to care about how their gaming system made watching television shows better.

Oh wait..you're not a hardcore gamer.
#16Superman070776Posted 1/19/2014 3:51:26 AM
AppointedJoker posted...
Hi all

Had my xbox one delivered this morning, I currently have dead rising 3 and killer instinct. I'm enjoying the games so far, but I'm a little rusty when it comes to stringing combos together.

Congrats! It is a great console.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#17CaIiber345Posted 1/19/2014 4:22:38 AM
Rome218 posted...
Congrats for being one of the elite. =) Being an elite xbox one owner, you will get a lot of hate on Gamefaqs. Ignore the jealous people. There will be jealous people: Those who cannot afford a new system, those loyal to Sony that their self consciousness comes out here, and those who jump ship to the PS4 to play games that are on every platform.(Except knack and killzone)

The xbox one is the most expensive system, has the most game, and the kinect is actually cool.

I just paused an episode of futurama by saying xbox pause, right now. =D I didn't even need to have my controller.

I said xbox on, then the kinect recognized me and logged me in. I said go to netflix. It opened netflix, it wanted me to select a profile. I said profile 1, and it logged me in.

Within netflix, I said xbox select, and options came up to scroll through things. I went to futurama, chose the episode, and said press play. =) It is awesome.

Also, at least rent Ryse. A lot of people really love that game, many thing it is mediocre. It is worth one play through, and it does have the best graphics of any game right now.

Okay, time to go back to watching this. xbox play ^_-

Has it come down to justifying the merit and value of a $500 purchase because you talked to your TV? Is pressing a few buttons that inconvenient for able-bodied people? Twenty years ago I clapped my hands and turned off a light. It's ******* magic!
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 2
#18CaIiber345Posted 1/19/2014 4:23:52 AM
Blizz87 posted...
Its a good system but the UI is utter garbage compared to the 360 and ps4 UI. Its a massive step back from the 360, party chat is ruined, can't sent voice messages to people, no recent players list, and the list goes on. I will be re buying on though when Titanfall drops (maybe) if I have the extra cash that is.

Why is "party chat ruined"?
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 2
#19GRU_CommanderPosted 1/19/2014 4:57:26 AM
When I get the system I am going to act like Cpt, Picard "Xbox Engage" "Computer pull up the top ten female adult actresses with new movies" "Computer pause, inhance image"

When they get holograms working properly I expect to have minority report style movement with voice commands.

Then we are all one step closer to the Holodeck and computers in our heads with wifi

As far as holodecks go (best thing since human evolution) games will be highly amazing but you know deep down people still will enjoy good old flat screen gaming too just like actual physical games
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#20Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/19/2014 5:00:40 AM
Rome218 posted...
Congrats for being one of the elite. =) Being an elite xbox one owner, you will get a lot of hate on Gamefaqs. Ignore the jealous people. There will be jealous people: Those who cannot afford a new system, those loyal to Sony that their self consciousness comes out here, and those who jump ship to the PS4 to play games that are on every platform.(Except knack and killzone)

The xbox one is the most expensive system, has the most game, and the kinect is actually cool.

I just paused an episode of futurama by saying xbox pause, right now. =D I didn't even need to have my controller.

I said xbox on, then the kinect recognized me and logged me in. I said go to netflix. It opened netflix, it wanted me to select a profile. I said profile 1, and it logged me in.

Within netflix, I said xbox select, and options came up to scroll through things. I went to futurama, chose the episode, and said press play. =) It is awesome.

Also, at least rent Ryse. A lot of people really love that game, many thing it is mediocre. It is worth one play through, and it does have the best graphics of any game right now.

Okay, time to go back to watching this. xbox play ^_-

Wow, next gen gaming is serious business.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!